Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum:#35 - Tom Clancy's The Division 2

1Lcd189c.png

Platinum Agent (9.62%)

• Time to platinum: 52 hours (replaying all missions in Hard & collecting all the cards in a set are the reasons for such a length)
  • Time to 100%: Still not achieved (waiting for the raid Discovery mode & matchmaking)
  • Personal game score: 7.5/10 (loved the atmosphere even more than its predecessor. Dark zones really felt like 'urban jungle')
  • Personal platinum difficulty: 6/10 (a bit lower if you have friends to play with)
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

:platinum: #156 Ratchet & Clank 2 (vita)

L120dbb.png

1L31ab90.png

He Went Commando

Enjoyment: 1/10

Difficulty: 7/10

When i bought the vita few months ago, i purchased Uncharted: Golden Abyss and Persona 4 Golden, since i wanted to play them for so long.

At the time, R&C trilogy was on sale, so i bought it as well in order to enjoy three relaxing platform-shooters.

How relaxing are those games on vita?

Well today i was trying to get the last platinum bolts in RC2. I was inside a room with an air conditioner, at 22 celsius, and i was sweating like a pig in heat.

The ring races in RC2 and the Twisty Mcsomething move in RC1 are the most infuriating experience i had in years while playing games.

Avoid this awful port, it's not worth it.I have ultra rare plats that are 10 times easier than this uncommon one.

Should've bought a L2/R2 attachment from Japan, makes Twisty a cakewalk. Saying these ports are awful is an overstatement as well. Short of having the EU retail version of 2, which is literally broken.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 9:30 PM, Undead Wolf said:

:platinum: #268 - Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

1Lb0b104.png

True Dawn of the New World

You have obtained all trophies. This truly is the dawn of a new world!

I've heard nothing but negative opinions about this game for years, so I had no real expectation going into this Tales game, and that made it all the sweeter when I found out that this game was nowhere near as bad as people said it was. In fact, I would consider very good. Now I understand why this game is perceived so negatively since it's a sequel to many people's favourite entry in the series and I'm certainly not going to suggest that it comes close to that game's greatness. I'm sympathetic to the argument that the original Symphonia ended perfectly and didn't need a sequel as it just muddied the plot, but taken by itself, Dawn of the New World is a solid game. I'll fight anyone who disagrees. :P

I often heard people talk about how awful the protagonist of this game is, and I get why considering how much of a wimp he is at the beginning of the game, but he doesn't stay like that throughout the adventure. I actually found his character arc quite endearing along with his relationship with Marta. Speaking of, she's a real sweetie. <3 This game introduces a monster capturing mechanic that allows you to bring them into your party, evolve them into better forms, etc. I thought it was pretty neat.

The platinum was very time-consuming and my final playtime was around 150 hours. It's not hard, but you can kind of screw yourself if you're not properly keeping track of monster evolutions and skits you've seen because the game doesn't keep track of that in an effective way. You have to do it all manually, otherwise good luck searching for the ones you missed. :blink: I definitely added quite a few hours onto my playtime because I wasn't doing that from the start, but it could have been worse. It's a big relief to get this plat done. :D

My quest to platinum all the Tales games continues. Up next is most likely going to be Vesperia. :)

izgPsPS.png

Congratulations! I keep meaning to do all of the Tales games...but I can't bring myself to finish Graces or Dawn of the New World. I really don't feel the story for either of these. I hope to do them before 2020 but I doubt it. Tales of Arise looks promising so far though, so that's something to look forward to

• Like 3

11 hours ago, zizimonster said:

The only criticism I can throw at the game is that the puzzles suck.

Let's not forget the Miles stealth missions. It was annoying getting found by Rhino over and over. At least with the last MJ one, you could knock out the guards. I really hope the sequel introduces Silk and maybe Spider-Girl. Wonder if they'll introduce the other Spider-Men since the PS4 Spider-Man was involved in the recent Spider-Geddon event. 

3 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Should've bought a L2/R2 attachment from Japan, makes Twisty a cakewalk. Saying these ports are awful is an overstatement as well. Short of having the EU retail version of 2, which is literally broken.

No. You shouldn't be forced to buy a peripheral for one trophy. It's like telling me that i need to buy a wheel for a racing game.

Also the ports are awful and untested. I can't believe they tested the way the airship flies during the ring races in RC2 and said ''yeah, awesome work".

I didn't understand the comment about the EU retail version. I have the EU retail version of every R&C except Deadlocked. None of them is broken

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sephiroth4424 said:

No. You shouldn't be forced to buy a peripheral for one trophy. It's like telling me that i need to buy a wheel for a racing game.

Also the ports are awful and untested. I can't believe they tested the way the airship flies during the ring races in RC2 and said ''yeah, awesome work".

I didn't understand the comment about the EU retail version. I have the EU retail version of every R&C except Deadlocked. None of them is broken

Who said forced? Stop overreacting and making shit up. I just said you should have, since it makes it better. And it's not "for one trophy" it makes a lot of Vita games more fun to play, including the main gameplay of the R&C games, Borderlands, and many others [remote play as well]. So testy.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/804138-ratchet-and-clank-collection/69556100

https://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/84aza0/is_the_ratchet_clank_bundle_good/

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/17543-ratchet-and-clank-2-hd-error-c2-12828-1/

Don't see how you could play it without running into the same issue. They hadn't patched it the last time I checked, and I doubt that changed at all. And google is hard. But I'm going to go with 99.9% of people over you and your magical copy that just has no issues when everyone else reports the same issue that confirms the retail version was broken. Unless they reprinted it at some point, which also seems unlikely given how it came out the tail end of Sony's support for the system.

For somebody saying the ports are shit, and you don't even mention the objectively shit part of the retail version which you claim to have... I'm pressing x to doubt.

Edited by Elvick_

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Don't see how you could play it without running into the same issue. They hadn't patched it the last time I checked, and I doubt that changed at all. And google is hard. But I'm going to go with 99.9% of people over you and your magical copy that just has no issues when everyone else reports the same issue that confirms the retail version was broken. Unless they reprinted it at some point, which also seems unlikely given how it came out the tail end of Sony's support for the system.

For somebody saying the ports are shit, and you don't even mention the objectively shit part of the retail version which you claim to have... I'm pressing x to doubt.

After checking the thread (from this site) i understood you were talking about the vita version of RC2 in this comment

6 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I thought you were defending the vita versions by implying RC2 retail versions are broken (ps3).Clearly i misunderstood.

I have the retail version of every R&C except Deadlocked and the trilogy in vita.

And about Twisty Mc, it took me 5 minutes in ps3 and over 10 hours in vita (been trying for weeks). So yeah, at one point i felt i was forced to buy the L2/R2 attachment and came close to buying one