Muff

Most Recent Platinum

44,364 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2019 at 10:58 AM, Mr Wolf said:

1L0425f0.png

#32 Borderlands Game of the Year edition

Difficulty 3/10

Enjoyment 5.5/10

Can't wait for borderlands 3, Next up is control!

Congrats bro

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

:platinum: #278 - Yakuza 1 HD

1Lbe80cc.png

プラチナトロフィー

ゲーム中の全てのトロフィーを取得した

 

This is the HD remaster of the original PS2 game that released exclusively in Japan. It still holds up exceptionally well, even when compared to Kiwami (the remake). In fact, I think I prefer this over the remake for a multitude of reasons. I really liked Kiwami of course, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it was just a cheap reskin of Yakuza 0. It also added some unnecessary things such as the Majima Everywhere System which I wasn't a fan of, especially given how it diminishes certain story events. The original Yakuza 1 is where it's at! I can't quite put my finger on it, but Yakuza 1 just feels like a much more polished/well-refined game. Killer soundtrack too! :D

 

The fact that this version is all in Japanese added an extra level of challenge, but the language barrier wasn't as much of a hindrance as I expected it would be. I guess my experience with other Yakuza games is paying off. :P Only one trophy really stands out to me in this game, and that's the one for completing all of Haruka's Requests, and that's all down to one request she has that tasks you with hitting 20 homeruns in a row on the hardest course at the batting center. It's pretty nuts... Probably took me like 3-4 hours of attempts before I finally got it. The devs were evil putting that one in there. :P

 

The Yakuza plat collection grows once more. ^_^

ih0k7kG.png

Since you've platinum all those Yakuza, what would you say is hardest and easiest?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Since you've platinum all those Yakuza, what would you say is hardest and easiest?

 

The easiest platinum is Yakuza 6 without a doubt. No trophy for 100% completion, plus Clan Creator and the Legend difficulty playthrough can be cheesed.

 

As for the hardest platinum, that's a bit more tricky to answer. I'd say it's a close one between Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 3 because of the minigame completion lists in both games. Yakuza 0 has more minigames you need to get good at, but for Yakuza 3, you really need to master stuff like Pool and Darts. I guess it all depends on what you're good at.

 

I should also point out that I'm talking about the western PS3 version of Yakuza 3 which had cut content. The PS4 remaster restores this content and brings with it stuff like Mahjong, therefore, it's probably more difficult. I have't looked into that version's trophy list much yet.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

The easiest platinum is Yakuza 6 without a doubt. No trophy for 100% completion, plus Clan Creator and the Legend difficulty playthrough can be cheesed.

 

As for the hardest platinum, that's a bit more tricky to answer. I'd say it's a close one between Yakuza 0 and Yakuza 3 because of the minigame completion lists in both games. Yakuza 0 has more minigames you need to get good at, but for Yakuza 3, you really need to master stuff like Pool and Darts. I guess it all depends on what you're good at.

 

I should also point out that I'm talking about the western PS3 version of Yakuza 3 which had cut content. The PS4 remaster restores this content and brings with it stuff like Mahjong, therefore, it's probably more difficult. I have't looked into that version's trophy list much yet.

Oh right, thanks for the information anyway. Oh one more thing, what anime is your avatar from?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Oh right, thanks for the information anyway. Oh one more thing, what anime is your avatar from?

 

No problem. And it's Eru Chitanda from Hyouka. Great anime. :)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

 

No problem. And it's Eru Chitanda from Hyouka. Great anime. :)

Thanks 👍

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now