Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Playing catch up once again. Feeling lazy so I've just copy/pasted most of what I've said during the summer backlog event. Nice to have these games done and dusted.

:platinum: #157/158: Claire (PS4 + VITA)

1L4d5bab.png

I started Claire on the PS4 first as I knew it would only require one play through. The EU version didn't receive the latest patch which meant I could simply load my last save and in return the game automatically switches the save file to the highest difficulty (Nightmare), saving me a play through. I thought the story was great, and I wasn't able to figure out what was actually going on until it was revealed during the final scene. Definitely worth reading through all the dialogue, it would be a shame to skip it all for the sake of a quicker play through. I followed the excellent text guide on here and I got my platinum in just over three hours.

I finished the VITA stack shortly afterwards. I started off with the 'Nightmare' play through which wasn't bad at all. A few sections required more than a couple attempts, but it was smooth sailing for the majority of the run. I then ran through the game again on 'Story' difficulty while focusing on the collectables and achieving the good ending. Glad I gave this game a go, was worth it for the story alone. Not a game I could've enjoyed/finished without a text guide, just simply too many doors/different routes to take.

tTHX3JJ.jpg

fOdmRmR.jpg

:platinum: #159: Forma.8

1L0c8b1c.png

I decided to play Forma.8 on the Vita although in hindsight I wish I didn't bother. The game was poorly optimised for the Vita. My game crashed around 5 times total, and the frame rate drops were frequent and very noticeable. Sometimes the game would feel like it's about to come to a complete stop, and this really took away from the overall experience. Do yourself a favour and play the PS4 version if you have any interest in this game, it's simply not worth playing on the Vita.  The game itself was pretty average, nothing special. It mainly consists of a whole lot of exploration and a few puzzles here and there. It never got too difficult though and was actually quite relaxing to play most of the time. The soundtrack was nice and so too was the art style.

jbkJAtV.jpg

:platinum: #160: Rocketbirds 2: Evolution

1L639714.png

The game was okay I guess, again nothing special. It was filled with humour though, I'll give it that. The story consists of six chapters which feel like a bit of a drag in the beginning, but actually became a lot more enjoyable as the game progresses. The second part of the game consists of a rescue mode, which is made pretty trivial thanks to the free DLC that was made available for this game. Installing this apparently causes one of the trophies to glitch for some people, but luckily for me everything popped when it was supposed to. There wasn't a difficult trophy and it was all pretty straight forward from start to finish. Yet another game that suffered from constant FPS drops on the Vita, when as little as 3 or 4 enemies entered the screen at once. Really noticeable and quite annoying, I think it may have made the UFO Hit and Run trophy easier though, so I won't complain too much.

UmcUMvj.jpg
  • Like 4

Platinum #20 Control. 

Decent game I suppose, wasn't as good as I had hoped but not bad either. I think this game just made me realize how bad I would love to see a sequel to Alan Wake. Overall the combat was good but didn't really care for the story. 

Game rating 7/10

Platinum Difficulty - 3.5/10 Nothing overly difficult, a few bosses I had to retry but overall an easy platinum. 

• Like 4

#125 - LEGEND OF KAY: ANNIVERSARY

spacer.pngL64c760.png1L9697d1.png

Difficulty: 5/10 | Platinum enjoyment: 4/10 | Game enjoyment: 7/10 | Plat rarity: 6.20%

Somewhat crappy game from the PS2 era mixing Zelda and typical 3D platformer, but fun nonetheless, especially if you like games with "funny animals". Game also has surprisingly excellent OST with japanese vibe. Easy/normal difficulty was enjoyable and while it offer only simple story and gameplay (it's game for a kids anyway), it kept me entertained until the credits.

However, second playthrough on nightmare difficulty and a guide (no chapter select possibility) was a gigantic chore and I don't know how I managed to pull it off (actually I had to abandon game for 2 years to have enough sanity to finish it). Every bad aspect of the game you could turn a blind eye to, here will come back to haunt you, like bad camera, lame dialogues or very patience-demanding fights where button mashing takes you nowhere as almost every enemy blocks your attack and requires tricky approach. Still not the nightmare, as the name could imply, but can make you shout from frustration.

This is the platinum which I wouldn't want to approach again. I completely understand platinum rarity as the game doesn't look appealing, has missable trophies and shitty hardest difficulty. From the PS2 platformers which lingered in shadow of Sly, Ratchet and Jak, I'd choose Ty the Tasmanian Tiger over Legend of Kay.

• Like 4