Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1 hour ago, madbuk said:

#336 - Ys: Memories of Celceta

1L5f9f9b.png

I have never played a Ys game before, so this was all new to me. It felt like a good introductory game - you don't need to know any of the lore or characters, and the systems are fairly simple and easy to adapt to. Seems like a franchise I'll be a fan of if the other games are a bit better, as this game is held back a bit by its story and characters, which are completely forgettable and bland, and the gameplay got a bit repetitive since none of the dungeons require any real thought. There were no puzzles, exploration didn't amount to much because there aren't really any side paths or secrets...

If the other Ys games have better stories and more intricate dungeons, then I could definitely see myself playing more of this franchise in the future. I liked the concept of it basically being a collectathon mixed with a JRPG, although it didn't give you as many tools to track the stuff you're missing compared to 3D collectathons with in-depth level collection lists which is a shame. I hear the other Ys games fix this though which is very nice.

I'll probably try out Ys VIII eventually, to see what a mainline numbered entry is like in comparison, but it won't be for a while.

Reveal hidden contents

Just an fyi, all Ys games are mainline, Celceta is actually a remake of Ys 4, not sure which version of 4 though, can’t remember.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xeroknight67 said:

:platinum:# 28 Bioshock

Image result for bioshock

Image result for bioshock platinum trophy

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 3/10

My Rating: 8/10

I went through the whole game on easy then switched the difficulty at the end so I did not actually have to beat the survivor difficulty. I wasn't looking for a super challenging run, I just enjoyed this games story and I did.

So no general game or trophy bugs? You can just switch difficulties like that and get the hardest difficulty trophies?

• Like 1