Most Recent Platinum

Muff

2 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Platinum #40 - Persona 4 Golden :platinum:

Difficulty Rating 3/10

Enjoyment Rating 7/10

Very Rare - 6.32%

I’m certainly no stranger when it comes to Shin Megami Tensei games. I’m what you would call a huge fan of the mainline series, but I never branched out to give the spin offs a try until now. Persona 4 Golden is the very first Persona game I have ever played. In many ways it’s similar to SMT so I had a fairly easy time getting back into such things like the press turn battle and demon fusion systems. In fact, I would say P4G is a lot more forgiving in it’s default difficulty compared to something like SMT:Nocturne or SMT4. If you ask me, P4G is a much more relaxing experience compared to games in the mainline SMT series. Character relationships and development seem to play a much bigger part here with a story that’s not as dark and is much more filled with modern anime tropes in between. While the storyline still very much has it’s mature themes, a majority of the time it feels like a slice-of-life comedy series. I can’t say much because a big part of this game’s appeal is not knowing what comes next and I wouldn’t want to spoil it for anyone. I really want to share my knowledge with you all on how you should go about obtaining Hardcore Risette Fan :bronze: the most dreadful trophy in the entire game, but just PM me and I’ll provide you with some simple and easy to understand tips that will get you on the road to success. For now, here is a nice Fusion Recipe Generator for all your fusing needs ^^

It’s hard to say where I stand on the Persona series right now, I feel like I should play Persona 3 FES and Persona 5 before properly giving it the slaughter or salvage. Right now, I very much prefer my mainline SMT more. Darker stories, more emphasis on dungeon crawling, more satisfying demon collecting, more control over party management and not filled with anime tropes. Don’t get me wrong, P4G is a good game. In fact, it’s damn good. My Vita system has the official ATLUS P4G skin attached to it with official Vita wallpapers to match, so that should tell you that it’s left an impression on me for a while now.

image.jpg

For three weeks straight I couldn’t put the game down, I lounged on the floor and played it every waking moment I could while living off spicy beef stir fry the whole time. It’s safe to say I had a great time with this title as it has started to help me overcome some of my more recent depression and now I can’t wait to play more in the series. I wish I could say P4G has a best girl, but not a single one was able to catch my interest whatsoever, a total letdown in that department... hopefully Persona 5 will have some babes ready and waiting when I get around to playing it :awesome: Of course, what I’m eagerly waiting to play is Shin Megami Tensei 5, but I have a good amount of Persona games to play until that day comes ;)

F03-CD77-C-9-BBF-41-E5-907-E-6767-D58389

Loved your opinion about P4G , hopefully you can get your SMT5 soon ^^ 

As for the other games maybe it's advised to go for P3 FES or P3P on PSP if you have the gae to play already , if not dive into P5 since all stories are separated for each Persona entry besides the dancing and fighting spin-offs and i'm not sure about Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment being a continuation or just a improved and more content-updated version of P2 like what Atlus did with P3 and P4. Anyway , i'm happy that you enjoyed your weeks invested on gaming P4G ?

• Like 2