Most Recent Platinum

Muff

40-platinum.png#20 - Fifa 20

1L05649d.png

Difficulty - 8/10

Enjoyment - 1/10

Hours played - 300

I play Fifa for more than just trophies and the Platinum could be achieved in fewer hours, for sure. It's also worth pointing out that I do enjoy Fifa quite a bit outside of the completionist grind. But the grind is absurd, monotonous and dead boring because of one absolute bullshit trophy (Only One). Then there is a hugely skill based trophy in Ultimate Team as you need to be good enough to reach a certain division in Ranked online play. As someone who has dabbled, mostly casually, in Fifa for over 10 years, that trophy was pretty tough but not impossible for me.

Unless you are a compulsive completionist, stay well away from this Platinum.

• Like 4

The Witness

TIME: 3-6 Hr
Difficulty: 7(without a guide) / 3 (with guide)

1L3eb5ea.png

I have to be honest, im not good on puzzles and I try to do this by my own, But was too hard so i play this with a guide. The "challenger" trophy was a pain try to do the glitch a few times with no luck (you have to do some puzzles in less than 6min, with the glitch you have infinite time in the last 2), in this part of the game i really understood the tetris puzzle and a few hrs of practice the trophy pop.

• Like 3

:platinum:#31 Medal of Honor Warfighter

Difficulty : 6/10 

Enjoyment: 7

Time: 200+ hours 

It was one of the addictive games for me, guns class are perfect and their sound is real.

multiplayer trophies were really time consuming. Especially jack of all guns. You need to Kill minumum 20 times with each of guns and totally 72 guns there are.

Mvp trophy needs boosting with other players.

hardcore difficulty for single player needs glitch that if you die, you will begin from beginning.

I appreciated this game ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Then there's the multiplayer... oh boy.

Look, I get that some people liked the Assassin's Creed online elements and lament its exclusion from future titles but come on, tying so many trophies to it was dumb. It's not for everyone, and since the game is six years old the servers are pretty much dead. The Wolfpack solo mode from the previous game makes a return and it is a bit easier to complete, but it gets repeptivie really quickly as you level all the way to Lv55 as per the requirements. Then there's the need to play every game mode and use every ability and ranged weapon which have to be bought. It's a pain and I do not relish having to do it again on PS4. I had four PS3's to help me out on this, I won't have such a luxury for the PS4. However, I got all of that nonsense out of the way before tackling the singleplayer mode so it wouldn't sully my enjoyment of the story.

Yeah, I definitely share your pain.

Game Lab was such a pain in finding players, I really don't know if the PS3 version will be worth it because I found virtually nobody after a hour of searching.

Assassinate is a pretty dead Game Mode. I was thankfully able to get most of all abilities through the Copycat ability from random players. The PS3 version I imagine will have less players.

Plus having four PS3s is expensive. I might as well self boost Mortal Kombat 2011 if I'm going to go that route.

Great job on the platinum. Wish you the best of luck on the PS4 version.

• Like 2

On 2/29/2020 at 2:17 PM, ShonenCat said:

Platinum #53 - DOOM II :platinum:
Difficulty Rating 9/10

Enjoyment Rating 8/10

Ultra Rare - 2.18%

Fastest Achievers - #5

Okay, I shouldn’t have to explain what DOOM is to the likes of anyone, and if you don’t know what DOOM is then you’re dead to me. But it’s quite possibly one of the most important and influential games on the face of the planet. DOOM II is a lot like the first game, only with more demon types, an extra weapon and more complex level design (thanks John Romero 1f644.png). This means it sets out to do what the original accomplished and push the envelope ten fold. Very fond memories, this game. I can remember my original computer copy that came on six floppy disks. Nowadays, it’s a 10 second download to your PS4 1f60b.png But you’re not reading this for a DOOM II history lesson, you want the juicy platinum details, yes? Well, for one thing, you shouldn’t even consider a platinum like this one. It’s extremely difficult! But I’ve been playing DOOM religiously ever since the moment I could walk. There was no way in hell I wasn’t going to back down from a challenge like this one. This is a bold confession, but it might be my most favorite game of all time. Ultimate DOOMDOOM IIFinal DOOM or DOOM 64. As long as it follows the classic DOOM formula, I’m there. Platinum details, yes, let’s get into it.

There is only one thing about this game that’s a literal platinum killer. You have to beat the game in split-screen co-op on Nightmare difficulty (no online here, folks). Yes, basically the same trophy found in DOOM (1993). But DOOM II has tougher enemies (and loads of them) on top of migraine inducing level design. You will be spending a great amount of time on each one if you’re planning on tackling this on your own with a idle second player. Do not attempt Nightmare in single player! I’ve tested this theory and it doesn’t work! The levels must be beaten thru split-screen! Things are also much harder after the new update. You can’t freeze pause in split-screen anymore to catch your breath. So how did I do it? Well, there is no cheese method. Skill is your greatest ally here. It helps to get a group of local friends together to help you tackle this challenge. I had to plan a day in specific to get three local friends to come over and keep demons distracted while I rushed through each level. But the help didn’t last forever. Eventually my pussy whipped friends had to return home to their nagging wives. They’ll never understand that breasts are temporary, but DOOM is eternal :awesome:

That being said, I am eternally grateful for them acting as moving targets while I pulled switches and collected keys. But when it came time to do Map 29: The Living End, the most dreadful level in the Nightmare run.. I was on my own. We attempted the level about four times. This is because the software kept crashing, the fourth time was a power outage. About a day later, I learned that weapon drops do not have a sprite limit.. meaning once there is sooo many shotguns and chainguns on the map, the software will crash. Sounds like a programming oversight, but with my newfound knowledge and determination.. I hopped back into Map 29: The Living End by myself, made a habit of picking up the weapons every so often and got the job done in about 35 minutes! It was never my skill that was holding me back but rather the software crashes. Sounds like the bungholes who made the trophy list didn’t even test play this Nightmare shit themselves >.> But I conquered the impossible and showed the ones responsible for this port just who they were dealing with! But trust me, this should never be done by one person! Unless you have some local friends willing to help or at least one other VERY dedicated person, you’re going to have a bad time. DOOM (1993) on Nightmare was a cakewalk compared to DOOM II. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

36-A0180-D-122-A-4-F9-C-9-E8-D-6-C572665

Dude... you're a fucking hero right now.

I'm up to Level 25 in DOOM II which I've done all solo with a idle second controller on Nightmare Co-op. Some of the most aggravating random bullshit I've had to deal with for a trophy. And yes, much like yourself, this game was my childhood. However I had the CD version, so the music was a bit different from the original 1994 release which came with the floppy disks.

Whoever made the trophy list is indeed a giant bowl of piss who licks and sucks cock on a daily basis. Nightmare is supposed to be unfair and tough, but why make us play the entire game in "local co-op"?

I'll definitely feel very proud when I finally get this one done, and you deserve respect for tackling this beast.