Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #10 (mini milestone!)

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

80 hours 

Finally got around to doing this game and loved it! Don’t know why people hated this game. Definitely was a grind in some aspects but I love this time period and had a great time. 

Now to tackle all of the DLC and get that 100% completion.  

• Like 4

MediEvil (2019 video game) - Wikipedia

Platinum #117

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 5/10

Honestly a little pain in my ass. Thought it'd be easy but was annoying after the first couple levels. So many weird difficulty spikes and the game doesn't help you due to the camera being impossible at times to control, the combat/shield stuff is basically just you and the enemies wailing on each other seeing who dies faster and it's almost always you. It has that lazy difficulty games pull out like when you're walking a narrow ledge and it has enemies fly by and knock you down. Once you unlock the OP weapons you go from quite under-powered to very over-powered with no in-between. They could've added checkpoints since if you die at a boss at the end of a level you start from the very beginning of that level and lose all progress. Putting the lost souls to rest wouldn't have been nearly as annoying if you could've just done that part of the level and then left, but if you quit out it cancels your actions. The auto-aim is finicky since you can't be too close or too far or too to the left or right, you have to be in the sweet spot for the game to hit the enemies. 

Saying all that, it wasn't completely joyless. The game's graphics aren't great but you can't fully hate a cartoon art-style. The first couple levels are really fun since they're easy, as well as a few of the levels are actually pretty interesting to play through such as the clock level, the Mausoleum, scarecrow fields, and the ghost ship. Also it's cool that once you 100% the game you can 

Spoiler

unlock the original ps1 game.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

6 hours ago, Redgrave said:

1La3bd5d.png

:platinum: - #182: The Final Season - The Walking Dead: The Final Season

After waiting a long time for it to go on sale, it never did since I guess they are focusing more on the collection and I decided to just put $20 out for the Season Pass to see how this story ends. I think it ended off as well as it could, although I think the ending could have been better which I'll just put in a spoiler. But the season as a whole was pretty good and I'm glad to say I wasn't disappointed with it. Trophy-wise though I wasn't a fan of having to go back and replay certain segments or doing specific things for collectibles. I also feel like the results of the choices were skewed compared to the previous games since a lot of them were 50/50 for me and I feel like it's because of people going back for those specific trophies. However I'm glad that TellTale got to finish up this game and give closure to the series that kicked off their popularity, so it was nice to experience the journey and all the good and bad moments along the way.

Reveal hidden contents

As far as the ending goes I really hated how not only did it make it out to where AJ was right all along but he also somehow managed to keep Clementine from turning. What ultimately bothers me about it is that this breaks an established rule where if you get bitten even cutting off a limb won't keep you from turning as shown with Lee in the first season, which should have happened with Clementine considering she looked like Lee at the end of the scene. It's bad writing to just break a rule of the setting like that, but I guess since it was the final season and TellTale going the way they did they just decided to forget about it and have a mostly happy ending anyway. I still think the ending could have been handled a lot better though. Even worse was they just say AJ was right all along even though throughout most of the game I'm correcting him for being a shit child. Even more worse is that in one of the endings, AJ just shoots Tenn at the end at the bridge and Louis rightfully pissed off about it apparently just forgives AJ after that.

But with that, there were other things I liked about it. The setting was nice even if there weren't many locations, I did like that Lilly made a return and you can try and reconcile with her, I liked that Clementine was more of the role model this time around, and I liked that at least while she dreams she talks with Lee for advice and consoling. Apart from the ending, it felt like it wrapped up things nicely, or at least in a way that was satisfying enough with what they could work with.

Do not read if you haven't played and beaten the First and Final Season of The Walking Dead.

Spoiler

It doesn't break an "established" rule, actually. In the very second season and the first episode of it at that, one of the supporting characters (a doctor, too) mentioned how he saved someone from turning by cutting their limb off. I think Telltale brought this topic up again in S3 to remind people who forgot that it's possible to survive a bite, depending on the conditions. Lee was just an unlucky victim and reacted too slowly. His situation isn't even the same as Clementine's. You gotta give the writers more credit . . . the final episode is basically a homage to the final episode of the first season, so they were their most aware of what happened with Lee.

Right about what, her being bitten? I don't see how Aj being right about a 50/50 situation is a bad thing. So this means Clementine also being right about Lee getting bitten in S1 is also a bad thing? Aj's fear about Clementine's fate, and being right, doesn't elevate the character in any serious way. If anything, people should be grateful for Aj, since he was too stubborn to outright kill Clementine after she got bitten, with the end result being her living. Either way, wouldn't it be shitty if the character was literally wrong about everything? That's even unrealistic, as there are cases where kids outsmart or correct older beings across varying ages at times. Aj being right about this one thing doesn't negate or contradict his inexperience, lack of wisdom, and character development. 

The overall ending is probably the best or second best in the series, easily surpassing S1's at the very least. It has a lot of depth and gives the biggest closure the MC ever had.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

:platinum: #453- Madden NFL 20

La40c10.png

1L6474dc.png

Madden NFL 20 Master
Congratulations on earning every Madden NFL 20 trophy!

Aaah, the good one. There's one slightly annoying trophy in the story mode, where you have to throw 24 passes in a row. If you mess one up, you'll have to restart the sequence. But it's still nothing compared to the stupidity of 19. Between this, Sea of Solitude, and A Way Out, I'm pretty pleased with the $5 I spent for a month of EA Access. Not much else on there I want to play, though. 

Platinum image:

Reveal hidden contents

PS-Messages-20200515-232412.jpg

Worst. Platinum. Image. Ever. :/ Should have started a season with a custom coach. 

Ha, I just completed the same 3 with EA Access.  Agree for $5, well worth it!  I agree on the 24 for 24 passes. Not concerned that it would not happen but took multiple tries as it was very finicky.  I thought Madden 20 and 19 were the same difficulty though, did not experience more issue with one than the other.  One or at most two tricky trophies but pretty smooth sailing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Ha, I just completed the same 3 with EA Access.  Agree for $5, well worth it!  I agree on the 24 for 24 passes. Not concerned that it would not happen but took multiple tries as it was very finicky.  I thought Madden 20 and 19 were the same difficulty though, did not experience more issue with one than the other.  One or at most two tricky trophies but pretty smooth sailing.

Getting the 80 score with Devin was such a pain, though. And if you go into the final game with a score of 60, you might as well forget about it. Lol. 5 touchdown drives in a row against those Patriots felt impossible. You also don't have to win a game with every team, so it's much less of a grind. The gameplay also felt better in 20. Possibly the result of going backwards.

• Like 2