Most Recent Platinum

Muff

platinum #440 Wordsweeper By Powgi (ps4)

completed in 7 hours and 9 minutes

platinum rarity 83.73% common

platinum name: clean sweep

5 game round is done. going to have to search my trove of games for the next one and it's going to be Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist Of Dusk (ps3) the first in the dusk series.

• Like 1

:platinum: # 388  Soukai Buccaneers

1L5ad6b5.png

伝説のバッカニア
                                                                                                                                      すべてのトロフィーを獲得した。

:platinum:# 387 ROOT∞REXX

1La2cec7.png

MASTER OF ROOT∞REXX
全てのトロフィーを獲得した

Just some old Japanese VN's I had lying around thought I'd better finish them

6 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

Lfd929b.png

1L8b9bc6.png

Chalice of Torment

:platinum:  #227

‘Adequate‘ is the first word which comes to mind in describing Lara's third reboot outing. It has all the expected trappings of a modern, AAA action-adventure title: super impressive HDR visuals, plenty of extra busywork to fill time, lots of linear climbing sections that practically play themselves, and hordes of braindead enemies to abuse with the many unlockable combat options (far too many, in fact; you'll never need most of them). Sure, sometimes Lara's climbing axe inexplicably misses its mark, causing a death at no fault of the player. And, yeah, the fighting largely feels limp and unsatisfying. But, it's a competent product for the most part, just not a particularly memorable experience.

Lara even does the cliché forced slow-walking while generic dialogue plays in her earpiece, and every few minutes, there's a tight gap for her to squeeze through at a painfully slow pace. These are just wonderful methods to hide loading and extend playtime, and absolutely every game needs them, am I right? Speaking of loading, this game has tons of it—we're talking early PS1 era load times. What's with all the loading? Most cutscenes are actually unskippable, because they're loading something in the background. It brought back repressed memories of Max Payne 3.

What amazes me is how this Lara somehow manages to be even less sympathetic than the cold and ruthless version in the old series. She's a clumsy, psychopathic mass murderer and thief, with a white savior complex. This woman brings utter catastrophe to people and animals everywhere she travels, yet inept indigenous folks still seem to require the magnificent Croft's assistance with everything. The bog standard story makes a half-hearted attempt to address these issues, but I don't think it succeeds. At one point, the villain even spouts the old "and how many people have YOU killed, Lara?!" line that we've all heard in every movie and game, so I had to laugh. Equally amusing is the fact that a British white woman is apparently able to fool an Inca cult just by wearing their clothes. Even after she betrays them multiple times while wearing the flimsy disguise, they continue to be oblivious. It's as laughable as some of the disguises in the new Hitman games.

As I said, Shadow is an okay romp overall, but this whole formula has grown tiresome and predictable by now, and I can't help but hold a bit of ill will towards Uncharted for popularizing it. One can only make so many scripted jumps, and collect so many trite artifacts before the game has thoroughly overstayed its welcome. I appreciated their effort to reduce combat and increase exploration (and swimming—there's so much swimming!), but if they want old TR, they might as well make another game in the style of Anniversary, which remains the best TR in my view. Some of the optional challenge Tombs were pretty fun, however, even if they are simply glorified obstacle courses. Probably the most interesting aspect of the game.

I actually haven't gotten around to playing Rise yet, so I'm curious to see if my opinion of that one is more favorable, and which of the three reboot titles ends up being my favorite.

guess I wasn't exaggerated or hating on the game so much when I posted my platinum rant a year ago, this is exactly the same experience I faced and post about this mediocre game lol!

although I never played any of the DLC's as my copy was the standard version that me and my brother got a few weeks after the game came out, even if I do I would never wasted my time playing the DLC's, the base game have really put a soar taste in my mouth.

speaking of hiding load times I remember they still failed on that aspect as the game will still freeze with the word " Loading! " shows on the screen especially while exploring the big cities and villages.

the problem that hunt Eidos Montreal is that they have this ill of wanna beat naughty dog's uncharted series so bad as a revenge because the uncharted series took their " Indiana Jones " wannabe gal, gameplay and improve it and became the gaming standard for linear third person shooters in that style and since then they started to copy the Uncharted Series back.

in my opinion, I still think Tomb Raider 2013 reboot that I played on the ps3 is still the best one of this rebooted trilogy, legend will remain the overall best tomb raider game I ever played.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, yellowwindow7 said:

speaking of hiding load times I remember they still failed on that aspect as the game will still freeze with the word " Loading! " shows on the screen especially while exploring the big cities and villages.

Amusingly, if you just jump over the stretches of deep mud which are meant to slow Lara down, the game will immediately freeze with the loading message.