Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Just completed Plants vs Zombies Battle for Neighborville recently.

I'm a huge PvZ fan, loved the original, thought they did pretty great for the shooter conversion, GW1 was awesome, GW2 was also great.

Now it's all gone into pieces.

PvZ BFN was a major letdown for me, possibly my worst gaming memory since For Honor.

I didn't like it AT ALL. I played the game since original alpha or beta released, they had plenty of time to fix and balance the game but instead they kept and even made worse some of the game major flaws:

- Aim is particularly off, which is really great for a shooter. I tried everything with sensitivity, with aim assist or without, I've never missed so many shots.

I play shooters on a daily basis so I think I know when aim is good and when it's not. While I had absolutely no issue with the GW 1 & 2 aim system, how can you fail so hard on BFN?

- Balancing: some classes/abilities feels very useless and some are way too much overpowered. Just take the DPS of some class and you'll see there are flaws in their balancing.

- Time to kill: it's been an issue since day one of alpha/beta. IMO time to kill is way to short, it's been raised as an issue in dev diaries, what did they do about it ? Made it even shorter. A job well done.

- Grind, yeah there's grind, lots of it. It's never been fun and it's only here to try to keep an active player base. They also adopted that crappy battle pass system where you have to spend at least an hour a day (or half of your week end on it) if you wanna unlock everything. SO MUCH FUN !

But it's not all dark here, I had quite a bit of fun doing the PVE maps for this game, plenty to explore, various acitivities to engage, lots of secrets.

If they are planning sequels they have to build on that, expand PVE activities, and rehaul the whole PVP part to make it a little bit less unsufferable.

Enjoyment: 1/10

Difficulty: 3/10 it's not difficult but there's way too much grind

Peak of enjoyment: when I uninstalled the game, good riddance.

Peak of sadness: when you give other players PvZ references and they just dont get it...

"braiiiiiiinzzz"

• Like 2

Just knocked out the game Stranded Sails. I was looking forward to the game. I heard a lot of great things about it. However, I was very unfortunate and had one of the last trophies not trigger for me. The trophy "Collector" never triggered. I was very lucky to have made a couple back up saves and was able to replay the last half and unlocked the trophy. I still had to waste another 10 hours but that was way better than another 30 hours. 

• Like 2