Most Recent Platinum

Muff

FFXIII

Platinum #150: Final Fantasy XIII

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 7/10

Say what you want about the game, but it's one of my favorites. Arguably the best looking game of the PS3 generation with an incredible soundtrack and battle system. The lore of the world is incredible, but the story itself is infamously not perfectly told. It was my first final fantasy and it got me into the whole series. Enough about the game itself, the trophies were almost completely fine. Every trophy leading up to the big one (Trophy Hunter) was really enjoyable and presented a relatively challenging, if not a bit same-same, sequence of events.

But dear fucking god Treasure Hunter should be illegal. The absolute worst part is that there's no way in-game to tell what stuff you have all had and have to use a third party source (I used both a website and a spreadsheet, shout out to http://xiii.redcrown.net). Even using that, I still apparently missed an item or two by the time I thought I was done and was desperately heartbroken. Thank Christ I had a previous save and was eventually able to narrow down the search but even then it was a blind guess as to what I was missing. One of the most tedious, time-consuming, mind-numbing trophies I've ever plowed through and I'm incredibly excited to have actually done it. The only reason my enjoyment rating wasn't 10/10 was because of this. I'm so glad the desperate desire to platinum this game is over with and am thrilled it was my #150.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

12 hours ago, ChunkyKong64 said:

FFXIII

Platinum #150: Final Fantasy XIII

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 7/10

Say what you want about the game, but it's one of my favorites. Arguably the best looking game of the PS3 generation with an incredible soundtrack and battle system. The lore of the world is incredible, but the story itself is infamously not perfectly told. It was my first final fantasy and it got me into the whole series. Enough about the game itself, the trophies were almost completely fine. Every trophy leading up to the big one (Trophy Hunter) was really enjoyable and presented a relatively challenging, if not a bit same-same, sequence of events.

But dear fucking god Treasure Hunter should be illegal. The absolute worst part is that there's no way in-game to tell what stuff you have all had and have to use a third party source (I used both a website and a spreadsheet, shout out to http://xiii.redcrown.net). Even using that, I still apparently missed an item or two by the time I thought I was done and was desperately heartbroken. Thank Christ I had a previous save and was eventually able to narrow down the search but even then it was a blind guess as to what I was missing. One of the most tedious, time-consuming, mind-numbing trophies I've ever plowed through and I'm incredibly excited to have actually done it. The only reason my enjoyment rating wasn't 10/10 was because of this. I'm so glad the desperate desire to platinum this game is over with and am thrilled it was my #150.

Great work.  I really liked Final Fantasy XIII as well despite the general reception not being very good.  I actually have a mannequin dressed up cosplay style for my favourite character Vanille if you can believe it.  At some point in the future I hope to return to the game and clean up some of the trophies as I last played it years ago when I had no interest in trophy hunting.  Not sure if I'd go for the platinum though as it sounds pretty hard.  

2 hours ago, PondNewt said:

Great work.  I really liked Final Fantasy XIII as well despite the general reception not being very good.  I actually have a mannequin dressed up cosplay style for my favourite character Vanille if you can believe it.  At some point in the future I hope to return to the game and clean up some of the trophies as I last played it years ago when I had no interest in trophy hunting.  Not sure if I'd go for the platinum though as it sounds pretty hard.  

That's awesome! The platinum isn't really hard as much as time consuming, The most challenging are the missions but if you max out your characters they're all pretty easy. If you do go for it, for God's sake use a checklist/spread sheet or that link that I posted in order to keep track.