Most Recent Platinum

Muff

3 hours ago, Bittersweet said:

:platinum: #148: Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

1Ldfd936.png

This game is kinda like those teen flicks of the '90's and early 2000's; it's like everything to you when you experience it when you're young, but when you go back to it as an adult  the stuff comes off as "so bad it's good", cringy, and embarrassing lol. While VIII is regarded as one of the most weak entries in the FF universe, I always have a soft spot for it. I don't mind the Draw system, it's an interesting take on the magic system along with Junction to raise/improve the character's stats. The story, well, it leaves a little something to be desired. I like that it's supposed be a love story, but Squall and Rinoa didn't really convince me of that. Would have liked more emphasis on the 'how and why' rather than coming to 'I just do'. Regardless, the cast are fun characters and I totally love the world lore, particularly the Sorceress legacy, and aesthetics. Music is generally flawless and CG movie scenes took it to the next level after experiencing VII's scenes at the time.

Nice to play this again after a decade and a half! I only managed to completely beat it once back then, most of my playthroughs were heavy on Disc 1-3 lol. Thank fuck for God Mode, going through Ultimecia's castle without it would have been a huge pain:dance:

What a beautiful platinum icon

• Like 3