Most Recent Platinum

Muff

I just finished Marvel's Spider-Man. I wanted to go after a game that I thought would be fun from my backlog. This game was not as fun as I had hoped it would be. It was still decent but it felt very repetitive. The did however try to mix things up the best they could. If I had to get max rank in all the challenges then I think I would have hated the game. However, they did do a good job allowing you to just finish them and not have to get max rank. Which was great because I struggled with the drone chases but did amazing with the fights and stealth challenges. So I was able to easily get enough tokens to upgrade all my suits. The grind was getting 100% in all zones. The whole crime fighting was way to much. They did do a really good job at not repeating crimes to avoid this being an more of a grind then it already had to be. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, djb5f said:

Side note, I enjoyed the humor and characters in this enough that I may need to check out a Borderlands game.  Any recommendations? Looking at PS4 entries only. I have an ample backlog so not looking for anything too exhausting.  I am okay with missing some earlier story if a later entry has better gameplay.  Actually come to think of it, I must have the Handsome Collection (Borderlands 2 and the Pre-Sequel) because of PS Plus.  Which of those to get started or do you recommend something else entirely?  Thanks!

Tales from The Borderlands was my first Borderlands game too and I absolutely loved it, it also made me want to check the other games out. Recommending another game in that universe is a bit tricky, I've only played 2 & 3 but neither were as well written as Tales imo. If you loved the writing and the characters and you want more of that I'd recommend Borderlands 2 as it came pretty close to Tales. Borderlands 3 plays the best from a gameplay stand point, as you might expect from the latest entry, but the some of the writing is pretty cringe. Hope this is useful.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 2