Most Recent Platinum

Muff

rsz_ghost-of-tsushima---button-fin-1583873623584.jpg

Platinum #153

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 3/10

I get why everyone fell in love with this game. People have been clamoring for an open-world, Japanese style game for a long time and we finally got a good one. Luckily, it's a tremendous game as well. The combat's really fun, the music is gorgeous, the story is gripping, and the world is beautiful. The main reason I only said 7/10 for enjoyment was because of the unbelievably tedious and repetitive side quests. A vast majority of the side quests are made up of 4 main gameplay elements in any order: Listen to a person, follow that person somewhere (either on foot or on a horse, extremely slowly usually), follow a linear set of footprints, and kill some mongols. Once in a while the game will throw in "investigate the area" where you walk around pressing X to listen to Jin say some stuff. The few side quests that do something a bit different, like the one in which you have to protect your ally from an ambush by silently killing the enemies that are hiding around the area as he talks to someone, was really fun because it was something different. They didn't need to have so many side quests if they were all fundamentally the same thing. Adding to that, I also dislike that you can't skip cut scenes (as of this post), which makes the side quests even more tedious when I didn't care what was happening. I did find the Masako and Yuriko quest lines quite gripping, though.

Despite that little rant, the game is super fun otherwise. It has the typical open-world tropes like liberating outposts (camps) and random little activities like haikus and the fox dens in order to raise your stats, but they were all really fun and a good deviation from the story. The story also has so many great moments that I won't spoil that make it worth playing. And I'll say it again: the music is absolutely fucking gorgeous.

TL;DR: The game is incredibly fun if you ignore a majority of the tedious side quests.

Edited by ChunkyKong64
Posted this slightly early, apologies.

Platinum #57 :platinum: Far Cry: New Dawn

L7ba622.png

What can I say about Far Cry: New Dawn. If you jump in after playing Far Cry 5, it is gonna be a little different. For one thing, enemies have health bars over their heads which it previously didn't have. Also, there are different tiers of difficulty and enemies from I to Elite. For those that have played Far Cry: Primal, it will be familiar in some ways in that you have get supplies to upgrade your base or where you live using ethanol that you get from clearing outpost, stealing tankers or supply drops. For those that buy it that go for the platinum, there might be one trophy you might have difficult going for which is Anger Management but overall, was a easy platinum that you can add to your collection. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Shout out to @Optinooby for the excellent Real Survivor/Speedrun guide, by the way. I could hardly tell the difference in increased difficulty using it. And while it felt a bit masochistic trying to combine the two, I pulled it off. :P With about 5 minutes to spare. 1f605.png

I had to use a different guide for Invisible enemies mode, though, because I was using Chris. Ended up going back to the guy who helped me a lot with RE2: IFreeMz. And I didn't die at all on that run. Could have combined it with no saves. But you can't predict the future, I guess..

Cheers Rob and well done on the plat ;).

I have a lot of RERemake 2 guides btw, apparentl they make the plat 'extremely' easy! A lot have done 4th survivor 1st time using the guides!!

I actually have a Chris invisible enemies, my first ever video series from way back, but I was doing knife only as well, so isnt really advised to follow, I was torturing myself xD

Great games the RE franchise, good luck on the next RE whichever you choose next ;)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Raveniteh said:

platinum #332 - Pistol Whip

1L39af36.png

Do you want to feel like John Wick blasting enemies to the beat of music? This is the right game for you... if you own PSVR. This is a mix of SuperHOT and Beat Saber. Select a track, lock and load and ready to smash. You're all breathtaking.

Wait, backup.

That's actually what the platinum looks like?

I just took a moment to look it up and it is.

That's awesome.

• Like 1