Most Recent Platinum

Muff

On 04/09/2020 at 11:19 AM, Golem25 said:

Platinum #67 - Assassin's Creed Revelations (+DLC)

L81881d.png

:platinum: The Conqueror - Get Every Trophy

453,411 Owners - 39,480 Achievers for a percentage of 8.71% (average completion; 30.52%)

1L391162.png

Enjoyment; 1/10

Difficulty; 3/10

Trophies; 2/10 (soulless tiles that are worse than ACB, terrible B/S/G balance, but thankfully no glitches)

Sense of relief after finishing it; 10/10

Full review in my Trophy Checklist

I hate Assassin's Creed, so if you love the series you're probably better off not reading the rest of this post.

On April 22nd 2011, my younger brother put Brotherhood on my profile without asking, which was the start of a nearly nine year long headache for me; the prospects of having to clean up after that little brat by trawling through another Assassin's Creed (he had previously pulled a stunt like this with AssCreed II) was already painful enough were it not for the fact that on May 21st 2012 he added more work onto the pile by sticking Revelations on my profile as well. I became increasingly convinced that he was doing this out of pure malice.

Because for better or worse, he didn't seem to have done it for the love of the series; he quit out of the credits after about a minute and never returned; I can tell because that's where his save left off when I booted it up this month. Besides a unmissable Assassin Recruit Trophy and the Bronze for killing 50 guards with the hidden blade, he had gotten nothing but the story-related main sequence Trophies - leaving me to clean up 39 base game Trophies and 20 DLC Trophies - with 20 out of those 59 being Multiplayer-related.

I managed to breeze through the admittedly kind multiplayer (compared to Brotherhood anyway) in August, thanks in no small part to an excellent boosting squad, and booted up the singleplayer (and sat through 12+ minutes of unskippable credits) on September 1st. I was already loathing what was in store for me after having suffered through the awful Lost Archive DLC (seriously, if you haven't played it, look it up; it's the worst rip-off of Portal ever), but I ended up pleasantly surprised with how quickly I breezed through the random Trophies my brother had left for me. Really, the only issue was :silver:Fond Memories for 100% sync of the main story. I have to say Revelations is a lot better than Brotherhood; for the first time in series' history Ubisoft managed to include a substantial improvement into the gameplay loop in the form of the hookblade, as well as very lame additions like bomb crafting which was swiftly dropped when III rolled around. The Constantinople map is really decent compared to the awful Rome map of Brotherhood, which was really just repurposed from the sawdust of II's development - and it showed.

In terms of story, I didn't catch much of it as I only replayed those memories needed to get my 100% (quite a few but none of them especially vital to the plot from what I could tell), but then I could not care less about Ubisoft's stupid wheel-spinning about two death cults anyway. Now onto Black Flag, which is the third and final AssCreed for me to clean up this year (albeit the fourth overall); I 99% sure I will never ever play another game in this series because, my God, these titles are incredibly insipid to me.

I personally have never played Portal but I hate anything first person so I make a point of not playing any games that are in FP, I only played SOMA recently and didn't know it was FP.  But I generally avoid them as they make me disorientated.  I personally don't like the DLC either in this game, I also hate no death trophies, and those are two I have trouble with.  I can tell you that after Syndicate, 100% sync was dropped from series and the player is no longer bound by the "optional " constraints, also the parkour is a lot smoother in both Origins and Odyssey and the DLC's of both a very good.  AC2 will always have some nostalgia for me, the series isn't for everyone though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I personally have never played Portal but I hate anything first person so I make a point of not playing any games that are in FP, I only played SOMA recently and didn't know it was FP.  But I generally avoid them as they make me disorientated.  I personally don't like the DLC either in this game, I also hate no death trophies, and those are two I have trouble with.  I can tell you that after Syndicate, 100% sync was dropped from series and the player is no longer bound by the "optional " constraints, also the parkour is a lot smoother in both Origins and Odyssey and the DLC's of both a very good.  AC2 will always have some nostalgia for me, the series isn't for everyone though.

The thing is back in 2008 - 2012 trophy lists in AAA games were typically designed to challenge the player. Hence why so many big titles like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Crysis 2 and other games had rather absurd multiplayer requirements.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood basically jumped on that, and that has the most difficult multiplayer out of all the games in the series.

The newer stuff, particularly Origins and Odyssey, is far easier than the old stuff.