Most Recent Platinum

Muff

platinum #454 Pic-A-Pix Color 2 (ps4)

completed in 2 days and 10 hours

platinum rarity 73.65% common

platinum name: Pic-Of-The-Bunch

think i had enough pic-a-pix for now. looking through my backlog for the next game and it will be League Of Evil (ps4)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

:platinum:#212 - Resident Evil 3 Remake 

L27c45f.png

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is my favorite Resident Evil game of the entire franchise, with that in mind, i gotta say, the Remake is surprisingly good, though it has some pretty jarring flaws and unexpected changes.

Combat is a huge improvement from REmake 2, now that Jill and Carlos can do specific timed dodges, everything flows better and changes the ''going in circles'' strategy to defeat zombies and bosses, Jill's personality is way more compelling in this reimagination, sounding and looking more human than ever, as she should be because this is Jill after Spencer mansion, something that the original lacks imo

The removal of some fan-favorite areas can be a turn-off for some, which I understand. There were areas that I was really looking forward to seeing, and for some god-forsaken reason, were there but not as i expected (I'm looking at you clock tower), and though the city looks gorgeous and it's great to see some of these places revamped, exploring feels somewhat limited and backtracking is on the safer side. Puzzles are close to non-existent in the remake. Period. I would't call anything they have here a puzzle, especially when comparing to the hard ass puzzles the original one had. And the game feels rushed, not in terms of being broken, buggy or anything like that, but the story and the way it progresses feels way too fast. You already start the game being asked to fix the train... 

But the biggest fail in this game for me is the Nemesis. The iconic, unstoppable, stars-hating force of nature, who with his constant overwhelming lurking presence made you shit your pants as a kid, now is just a shadow of its former self. Nemesis feels constrained here, never having his moment to really annoy you. 99% of the time he appears in game is on a scripted ''OH NO, I GOTTA GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE'' moment, where you run from point A to point B, and that really sucks, Mr. X is far more scary than him now, and that's not good

In short, i would recommend it, just remember people are comparing it to some of the best titles in the franchise, it's not as good as the original, and it doesn't live up to expectations like Remake 2 did but that doesn't mean it's bad, not being better than the best doesn't make you the worst you know

Awesome job dude nice platinum I can see that you really are a true resident evil fan!!!! 

• Like 1

platinum #455 League Of Evil (ps4)

completed in 10 hours and 3 minutes

platinum rarity 60.04% common

platinum name: no more league of evil

platinum difficulty 5/10 (one of the levels is insanely hard)

after facing a grindfest of pixels and a badass hard game. feeling the mood for an RPG. it's going to be dragon sinker (part of me wants to play that lottery they have).

• Like 4