Most Recent Platinum

Muff

platinum #460 Max And The Book Of Chaos 

completed in 3 hours and 4 minutes

platinum rarity 60.76% common

game was a challenge. died about 50+ times but the final boss is forgiving in phases (only had to get past certain parts to retry from the check point). digging deep into the backlog for older games and it will be Typoman Revised (ps4)

• Like 2

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1573466446

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Enjoyment: 5/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Definitely my least favorite of the trilogy by some distance, but definitely the easiest to platinum. I don't feel like writing a novel that no one will really read, so I'll do a quick list.

Pros:

- Music is wonderful as always

- Battle system is still great (So glad they brought the staggering system into the FF 7 remake)

- No missable trophies

Cons:

- Overcomplicated story, as is tradition with Final Fantasy, made more complicated with time travel

- Jumping between areas is unbelievably tedious and makes the world feel very disjointed

- Constant loading screens

- Most of the areas are exceedingly boring

- All of the original playable characters (besides Hope) played almost no role besides being in very miniscule parts of the game that often were simple cameos. This would be fine if the new characters were interesting, but I didn't think Noel, Serah (I know she's not new, but she's new to being playable), or Caius were. I get people love Caius as a tragic villain, but just because he's a sad character doesn't automatically make him interesting or relatable. 

- All side quests equated to one of two things: Go grab/find the thing, or go kill the thing. This makes the 160 fragments you have to collecting feel artificial because they almost certainly added these side quests as a complaint that the original Final Fantasy XIII had basically none (ignoring the 'missions' that were just hunts). Adding to that, some fragments are either found laying around, can be bought in shops, or in a slot machine you have to do something specific to get. I don't know why they felt 160 was their magic number, but it feels like padding to a game they knew was short.

As someone who adores the first and third games in the trilogy, I don't know why this one didn't click for me. I clearly have more cons than pros, but the pros were so good to me that's what balances my enjoyment. 

Edited by ChunkyKong64