Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Plat #7: Black The Fall

1Ld80edf.png

Doubt The State :platinum:

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 11/10

Wow.  What an unbelievable game.  Excellent game, didn't want it to end.  Just blown away by the darkness of it and graphics.  Which means my next game will be Inside - another game of that genre.  I encourage everyone to add it to their library.

• Like 3

:platinum:  #419 & #420 - Crypto by POWGI

L6bdebe.png

Probably my least favourite POWGI game so far. It's based around cracking enigma codes but it felt rather messy to me and mistakes were easy to make.

Enjoyment: 3/10

:platinum:  #421 & #422 - Alphaset by POWGI

L22b0dc.png

This was much more like it. It's a crossword game with a twist: Each letter from the Latin alphabet can only be used once.

Enjoyment: 9/10

:platinum:  #423 & #424 - Epic Word Search Collection 2

L0084d9.png

This lives up to it's name. The game presents you with four huge word seach puzzles based around four different topics which are also each made up of 12 smaller sub sections based around another theme related to the main topic. Plenty of fun to be had with these.

Enjoyment: 7/10

• Like 2

1Lc17ca2.png

platinum #66

Ultimate Knack: 5.41% Rarity

Difficulty 4/10

Enjoyment 7.5/10

Currently my rarest platinum. This game was not overly hard and I did thoroughly enjoy it. However 5+ playthroughs to complete the platinum did reduce the overall enjoyment. This game cops a lot of flack on forums and the RNG nature of one of the trophies is certainly frustrating, but the sense of achievement for having completed this is greater for that exact reason. 

I am a huge fan of games in this genre and whilst this may not be as good as some of its counterparts. It is still a solid contribution to the genre. If you are worried about giving this a go because of the Platinum Rarity I would suggest still giving it a try!

• Like 4

Watch Dogs: Legion - Wikipedia

Watch Dogs: Legion

Enjoyment: 3/10

I really liked the first Watch Dogs and loved Watch Dogs 2. I have no idea what happened with this shit. I'll do a pros/cons list instead of a novel for hopeful brevity.

Pros:

- The hacking, which feels lacking compared to the previous two, is still relatively entertaining in small bits

- I remember enjoying at least 2 side missions because they did something slightly different than literally every other mission, but it's not too much of a pro because I can't even remember what I did in them; just that I remember them being slightly different

- The trophies involving specific recruits, such as the Bee person, are fun

- I never have to play it again 

Alright buckle up

Cons:

- Genuinely every single main mission plays out the exact same: 1. Stealth your way (or just use the drone that the construction worker has to speed-run over 50% of missions) into a random area on the map (which you'll more than likely visit many more times in copy-and-paste missions later). 2. Hack a terminal/computer/person/whatever, which is often guarded by a fucking lock you have to find the key for or unlock somewhere else. 3. Leave. That's about the gist every main mission in the game, and a majority of the mandatory side missions for the platinum.

- I know licensed music is expensive to put into a game, but the music on the radio is mostly uninspired. There's maybe 3-4 stations (One rock/screamo, one classical, one pop, and I think one is like a talk radio situation). I remember enjoying many songs from the first two games, but I ended up either turning the music off immediately or lowering the volume when driving. I didn't expect them to be able to, or even want to, put in some actually known songs, but Jesus.

- So fucking buggy. I usually forgive games for crashing a couple times during a playthrough and/or having the occasional glitch, especially open world games, but the game crashed possibly 12 times from start to finish. It's not like I was doing anything crazy in the screen causing it to break, I usually was just driving or walking around. I had a perma-black screen in one of the final missions and couldn't move passed it until I quit out twice until it let me move on. It showed my character randomly tripping over stuff when I wasn't even close to any object. I would try to steal cars and the person whose car it was would exit the car at the speed of frozen molasses.

- The concept of "Play as anyone and everyone" is extremely interesting and definitely the selling point of the game, but almost every single npc you can recruit is useless unless in an extremely specific scenarios. You can use the construction worker for every single mission, except the missions they make you use someone else, and be perfectly suited. As stated earlier, his drone lets you bypass most stuff (if it's an outside area) and his nail gun is silent so it's perfect for stealth. Outside of the ones needed for trophies, you don't need anyone else. A couple of the people you recruit after liberating areas (or whatever they call it in this game) are fun to use, but again useless. There's one that can throw bees at enemies, which is fun. but they kill them pretty slowly making it pointless, and a professional hitman (which I don't even think I got from liberating, but still liked him) who has a cool stealth takedown and a silenced pistol.

- The story is aggressively generic, if not terrible, and is made thousands of times worse by not having a main character to even try to relate to. The characters who are real characters, like Bagley and Sabine, are still generic. Sabine is the standard I'm angry and want revenge type, and Bagley is the standard kind of comedy relief and sassy type. Both get old quick. There's actually a side mission after the main story that attempts to add a bit of juice to Bagley's character and they flush it away pretty quick. The story even ends on a twist clearly for the sake of a twist in an artificial attempt to make the story seem interesting, in the same way using hot sauce as lubricant makes sex exciting.

- Absolutely horrendous collectibles. Not only are these glitching for tons of people, but they're basically untrackable without doing it yourself (ignoring some minor tracking in UPlay or whatever the shitbags call it now, because that runs at a dead snail's pace and I refuse to acknowledge it as legitimately useful). The audio logs are boring as they are in every single game, and the relics are pointless. The spending of $100,000 Watch Dogs dollars (if you count this as a collectible) is tedious, and also clearly made just for a trophy since buying that many clothes is, again, pointless. Unlock all skills, which involves going around the entire map collecting tech points (some you get from the story and other missions) and every one you collect is worth only fucking 10 (you need what feels like 14 quintillion) made me want to actually pass away painfully. 20 parcel deliveries: time-consuming and, say it with me, pointless. Every darts and drink location: kill me. And the paste up locations, which there are 47 and don't mark themselves off on the map when you do them so you if you miss you have to redo them until you find the one you missed like me, was the video game equivalent of getting your prostate checked by your own mother.

I'm sorry for the minor breakdown in the last bullet point.

TL;DR: Game's ass. One of the most painfully boring, arguably terrible, AAA games I've ever played.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Wikipedia

Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 8/10

I'm awful at this game so I can't give a fair and objective review, but that's not gonna stop me from giving my opinion. It's also my last PS4-only platinum, so a hell of a way to end an era.

Pros:

- Absolutely gorgeous

- World design is generally intricate

- Environmental story, while not as interesting to me as Souls or Bloodborne, is still second to none.

- Most boss fights are a spectacle, and most bosses are completely learnable.

- Extremely complex, reflex-based combat that, in all truth, I'm awful at so I can't give an objective opinion. Just watch a pro on YouTube and you'll see how good it actually is.

- Fountainhead Palace might be my favorite location in any souls game, even if it's for visuals alone.

Cons: (This looks more complainy that it is; these are all minor gripes)

- Too many mini-bosses. I get mini-bosses are fun in these types of games, but a lot of them are rehashes/reskins of other ones. This is mainly a con because of the ones that block your story path, but most you can run passed or ignore so generally they're not intrusive. Outside of getting prayer beads, there's not much use.

- A couple of bosses, as is tradition with From Software, are either boring or uninspired. The Folding Screen Monkeys is a cool gimmick/puzzle boss at first, but on replays or NG+ they're tedious. The rematch with the Guardian Ape in the cave with its partner is possibly another attempt at them rehashing Ornstein and Smough and it once again doesn't work. Although both of these fights are easy and I understand the lore reasons for having them, I found them a bit unneeded. I also think the Blazing Bull, while a fun boss to watch and was featured in the gameplay trailers, wasn't that great.

- The Acquire All Skills trophy. The only trophy you have to grind for, and it's a hell of a grind. Killing the same couple of enemies repeatedly and seeing your exp grow slightly was unnessacary. They could've made a lot of the skills cheaper to get, especially because most people won't even use a majority of these since by the time you get them all you've mastered the game.

- The Chained Ogre at the beginning of the game. A very minor gripe, but I genuinely see him at a badly designed enemy solely because he shouldn't one of your first main challenges. You barely fight anything like him for the rest of the game, so putting him this early, in which you're still learning everything, is the equivalent of teaching a vegan hot to properly cook a steak. You're learning something you'll never really need to know. He's obviously pretty easy once you learn how to do everything, but it's an unneeded learning curve. (He's also the reason I quit playing back when the game launched, so there's a bias).

TL;DR: Great game, some bullshit. This describes every From Software game.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

#20: Thumper

Difficulty: 7/10. Thumper is a fast rhythm violence game that only gets faster as you go, making the S ranks in later levels more difficult to achieve. The speed combined with being good makes this a challenging rhythm game.

Enjoyment: 8.5/10. Despite some minor frustrations in a couple later levels, Thumper is a thrilling rhythm game, that will demand your attention with heart thumping rhythms to thump.

• Like 1

:platinum:  492 Rusty Gun

1Le7080b.png

Oh Geezer!
Obtain all trophies

:platinum:  491 Ultra Hat Dimension

1L9ecdd7.png

Platinum Hat
Get all other trophies.

:platinum:  490 Active Neurons 2

1L150186.png

Active Neurons 2 Platinum
Good job! Completed all tasks!

:platinum:  489 Word Wheel By Powgi (Vita)

1L729d85.png

The Wheel McCoy
Collect all the trophies

:platinum:  488 Iro Hero

1L24a2d6.png

Iro Hero
Unlock all other trophies

:platinum:  487 Tamiku

1Lc563d7.png

Platinum Tamiku
Get all other trophies.

• Like 2