Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: #436 - A Hero and a Garden

Lface2c.png

Visual novel meets berry picking simulator. Actually quite relaxing to play.

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 1/10

:platinum: #437 - Prehistoric Dude

L5d0c9f.png

This is a SNES style 2D metroidvania game. Quite enjoyable for the most part but the jumping felt a bit off to me.

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 2/10

:platinum: #438 - Birthday of Midnight

L23ea19.png

The latest game in the Midnight series has a lot more in common with Midnight Deluxe than 36 Fragments. You aim Midnight (golf style) towards the goal in as few moves as possible. This game adds new mechanics such as gravity shifting. Very enjoyable.

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 2.5/10

:platinum: #439 - Many Faces

Lfdbdab.png

This was a fairly enjoyable retro style arcade inspired shooter game that sees the player having to defeat waves of enemies. At the end of each level you are given a chest to open with a hat inside that alters the gameplay in different ways. Some of them are useful and some of them actually make the game harder which was a nice twist.

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 2/10

• Like 3

:platinum: #52: Katamari Damacy Reroll - Prince of Prince

1L73d36c.png

I love this game, but honestly I kind of hated getting the platinum. I'll admit that I wanted to be on the "first achievers" list for this trophy's page (which I've never done before), so I spent like 10 hours over the weekend grinding out the last trophy I needed. If I paced myself a bit better, I don't think it would've been as bad. It does help that the core gameplay is still satisfying.

Anyway, the trophy list looks deceptively easy at first - just clearing each level once gets you to 82% completion, which takes maybe 3-4 hours. But the 100% collection trophy was a nightmare, and the reason why I gave up on Katamari Forever's plat years ago. There are just so many obscure objects to collect that you're bound to miss a lot of them your first couple of times through a level. Things that only appear on certain versions of the same map, things that disappear/become unobtainable if you get too big, things that don't even look like they can be picked up, things that are easy to immediately get knocked off your katamari without you realizing (so that it doesn't count), that god damn Holy Cow in a level where picking up anything even remotely cow-related automatically ends it. Also, most levels don't keep your progress if you quit out of them early; the "eternal" levels do, but chances are most of the items you're missing don't show up there. Kind of annoying when you have to replay levels with up to 25-minute timers just to pick up a couple of things that you hope actually stayed on your katamari.

That rant makes it look like I hate the game, but I really don't. Katamari Damacy is awesome, the soundtrack's a total banger, and I did find some fun in rolling tons of stuff up even when the game was testing my patience. I wouldn't have stuck with it if I didn't love it. But yeah, 100% completion can be a pain in the ass even with a guide, so hunters beware.

Difficulty: 6/10 for the 100% collection trophy alone. Rest of the game is a 2 at best

Enjoyment: 7/10 (9 until 100% completion started giving me problems)

Plat Time: 15-20 hours, probably closer to 12-15 if you're more efficient than me

Time I Spent Just Trying To Roll Up That Damn Cow: 3 hours

Edited by Mariner1534
  • Like 3