Most Recent Platinum

Muff

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

San Andreas is a game from 2004, you can't expect it to look any good or play well when compared to nowadays PS5 era games with 4K graphics, 60 FPS capability that basically hold your hand the entire way. Definitely looking forward to San Andreas on the PS4 as it's the last game in the GTA franchise that I'm going to bother finishing.

Definitely should of played GTA III and Vice City first. Every game after III was a huge step in gameplay mechanics.

i know about that, i never mention that GTA San Andreas to looks or run bad because i got used to modern games though, my point is that i did First play GTA 3 then Vice City back on the ps2 days, but i never bother finishing them especially GTA 3, but i spent more time on San Andreas.. well mostly on the remastered port on ps3, let alone the checkpoint system but the ability to swim instead of instantly dying when touch the water, having the freedom of aiming the weapons, climb any reachable ledge or wall gave more strategy ways etc.

so after getting used to those and return back to beat 3 and VC you'll find the auto lock on to be annoying, other than that the clunky flying mechanics is remain still bad in the series regardless.

but i have to say that there's something that GTA 3 did way much better than the other games in the series, ideas that is been abandoned and that's the freedom to chose how to finish the missions, outside of Vice City and especially GTA 3 the newer games ask you to kill a said target the way they wanted or should i say in a bit " scripted " ways but in GTA 3 if you learn they way how the target can react to flee from you you can set everything ready as you desire before taking them down as you can just block the target's escape route with cars, set bombs on the escaped cars etc.

• Like 3