Most Recent Platinum

Muff

#719: The Tower of Beatrice       Vita 

#720: 112th Seed  AS  ( PSN ⭐844)

#721: Concept Destruction  AS  (⭐845)

#722: Jisei  AS    (⭐846)

#723: Pity Pit    AS    (⭐847)

#724: A Hero and a Garden    AS   (⭐848)

#725: Castle Pals    AS    (⭐849)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ode2Destruxion said:

Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

Where do I start with this one? I guess by saying that the game is absolutely superb. The graphics are immense and a real treat following on from the Trilogy. The story is fun with some great humour thrown in there. Crash moves great - very fluidly and easy to control. It will take a bit of practice if you're used to the N.Sane Trilogy controls but he handles well once you get the hang of it.

After you've completed the main storyline there is plenty to keep you entertained. There are 21 "Flashback" levels which focus primarily on classic Crash Bandicoot platforming. These are really fun and more challenging as they go on. There are also four hidden coloured gems to collect which are tricky to find but even with a guide one of them is incredibly frustrating to obtain. Once you've collected the gems though they unlock new paths in various other levels so there's a big incentive to get them.

There are also mirror copies of each and every level, only with a filter added to make them different. For example there's an underwater filter that makes you move slower. That sort of thing. They are nice to try out, but once is enough.

After doing all of the above - this is where the game turns sour. Sinister even. The requirements for completion are out-of-this-world hard! One could say "don't bother with them" but the flip side to that is Crash Bandicoot has always been about incorporating the collectibles in your gameplay. You've never just picked it up, completed the story and then just put it away to gather dust. Also, when you're spending £50+ on a game you want to get the most out of it. Then there's the OCD completion side of it for some of us... especially when you've platted the original 3 and want to add this to your collection.

So on to the trophy requirements. The developers have clearly played on the fact that Crash has always been difficult but they've gone overboard here. There are 43 levels altogether. 5 are boss (with inverted modes) and there are 38 standard levels. The levels are looong. For each and every one of the 38 levels you must:

• Complete the level (of course).
• Collect six gems (obtainable through finishing the level with different permutations - 3 deaths or less for example).
• Complete the level while not losing a single life AND collecting all of the boxes.
• Speedrun the level with a "platinum" time.
• Complete the inverted level.
• Complete the inverted level with 6 gems.

It is bloated and stopped being fun after the flashback levels.

It took me over three months and 233 (YES THAT'S RIGHT!) hours to platinum. I'm not the best and not the worst of gamers - but this was just painful.

I could go on and on but I'll leave you with a rating of 9/10 for when just completing the storyline but an overall:

5/10

Great work, a very impressive platinum to have as I think it's sometimes regarded as the hardest of 2020.  I picked this up in a recent sale and am slowly working my way through just completing the story.  Though I have the platinum's for the N'Sane Trilogy games I don't think I'll have any chance with this.  I think I'm quite near the end of the story and so far I've only managed to do one level where I've collected all the boxes.  Much more difficult than the previous games as you said.  

53 minutes ago, PondNewt said:

Great work, a very impressive platinum to have as I think it's sometimes regarded as the hardest of 2020.  I picked this up in a recent sale and am slowly working my way through just completing the story.  Though I have the platinum's for the N'Sane Trilogy games I don't think I'll have any chance with this.  I think I'm quite near the end of the story and so far I've only managed to do one level where I've collected all the boxes.  Much more difficult than the previous games as you said.  

Thank you. I never thought I would get it either. I thought the platinum time trials would be the killer for me and they are indeed the hardest part. But with enough patience it's possible. If you're genuinely interested in platting it I'd say go for it but be prepared to suffer through most of it haha! 233 hours was extreme (most people that manage it do it in around 80-120) but finally achieving it was justification enough for my time spent.

Edited by Ode2Destruxion
Corrected 223 to 233 hours.
  • Like 1

:platinum: #57 - Battlefield 4

1Lcea1c2.png

Difficulty:  3/10

Enjoyment: 8.5/10

This is an awesome game, it looks amazing even on the PS3 version, was really fun going for the platinum after many years of not playing it, didn't have any issues with trophies, since the game has reports of having glitched trophies.

Big thanks to all players who help me out getting that one last online trophy, I couldn't have done it without them!

Next Plat: I'm currently working on Ninja Gaiden 2, just missing one trophy related to team missions. (Wish me luck ?)

slender_adrian.png

Edited by slender_adrian
  • Like 4