Most Recent Platinum

Muff

platinum #482 The Walking Dead: The Final Season 

completed in 1 day and 8 hours

platinum rarity 28.63% uncommon

platinum name: The Final Season

Hardest real life boss: getting episode 4 to download. either locked out or didn't recognize the purchase

i'm glad i got this done before the end of the night. decided to start dragon quest heroes: The World Tree's Woe And The Blight Below. but that will be reserved for the morning as the end of the broadcasting day approaches.

• Like 2

Platinum # 302

WWE 2K20

1Leb58c6.png

All Trophies Earned

Earn all trophies.

I have a feeling I lucked out a little bit with this one by starting it after it had at least had a few patches. Not that this really helped all that much. Luckily I didn't seem to have any of the odd graphical glitches that quite a few people did early on. where peoples faces were melting together or ones like that famous AC: Unity one from a few years ago.

I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this game at launch, which is putting it mildly. I remember thinking a few times whilst playing it that I have seen better looking PS2 games than this. There are a few cutscenes in the game that really reminded me of the blocky animation from the early 2000's GTA titles. That isn't an attack on them, more an attack on this game for having animation and cutscenes like that in a late era PS4 title released in late 2019, that is kind of unacceptable. To give it a little bit of context I played Hitman 2 not that long ago and there are literally pedestrian NPC's in the Miami map (which is quite a crowded map if anyone is unfamiliar) that look better than 90% of the in-game models in 2K20, where there is usually a maximum of 8 people on screen at once.

However, even though the graphics were very poor, the game at least does run quite smooth on the latest patch. I was playing on a 500GB base PS4. I only ever experienced very low frame rate a few times when there were multiple people in the ring at once. But I suppose I can't really say anything that new about how awful the game is. Because that just seems to old hat at this point, but I did actually enjoy MOST of my time with it, but I'll get to that haha.

Trophywise, the game is not particularly hard at all. There are a few trophies that I found a little finicky that should have unlocked but didn't at first. Thankfully it was just a case of going back and doing the same thing again until they unlocked. Obviously if anyone does want to platinum this most of the difficulty is probably going to come from grinding out the 50 online wins (which can be done against the CPU thankfully at the monthly PPV events, seems the least taxing way to approach it). The game does sort of force you to see mostly all the features a game has I always think games deserve bonus points for that!!

Although, please don't leave MyCareer until last I found it quite torturous to be honest. The best analogy I can think of for how the story is written is if several really daft monkeys were left in a room with a few typewriters, a limited amount of ink and a whole lot of paper and a fairly limited amount of time, in which they bashed away at the keys for a while maybe made the odd word here and there and then decided to just throw their feces at the paper for the rest of the time before the paper was removed and turned into the script for the story line in that mode.

• Like 3