Most Recent Platinum

Muff

13 minutes ago, skeggah said:

Led17cf.png

Platinum #199 : Primetime Content Consumer

This was freaking awesome, absolute joy from start to finish!

??

I just started the first game, and am really enjoying it, glad to hear the sequel keeps up the quality :) 

• Like 1

Dead Nation platinum

Romero Would Be Proud

A game that has always been entertaining to me over the years, but I expected a greater challenge when playing it at maximum difficulty. If you know how to solve the confrontations with the different types of enemies and situations, the difficulty in which you play ends up being a little irrelevant. Knowing how to properly use the rush button, applied to dodge, is vital in the last two difficulties. It provides you with invincibility frames against the explosion of a Bomber, for example (even running to them). But, despite what I just said, this game manages to create a tense atmosphere very well. There is a genuine feeling that enemies can come from anywhere, anytime... resulting in more immersion and entertainment... and that is more fun!

If you like shooter games with the classic top down view, zombies, hidden treasures here and there, a nice variety of weapons... you will like this game for sure.

• Like 1

1Lb337a1.png 

Shift Happens!

Difficulty: 7/10

Fun: 9/10

Time: 40 hours

I am just the 5th person to earn this platinum on PSNprofiles, as the game was delisted a few years ago. 
I was lucky enough to be gifted an old review copy by the developers. 

It’s an awesome puzzle platformer, that feels a bit like Rayman Origins. 
There are some really tough speed runs time for each level, which is why I rated it 7/10. 

Had an absolute blast playing single player and co-op levels with my gf. 
Now I’m off to finish Control!

✌️

• Like 3

#411 - Razed

1L30e792.png

Until a few days ago, I wasn't even aware of this games existence. Someone pointed it out to me in the newest sale, and it looked exactly like the type of game I tend to enjoy (fast paced 3D platformer, time trial based), so I ended up buying it without much persuasion lol. Especially since it was so cheap anyway. It's honestly better than I was expecting. It does have its faults - it's a bit loose to control, though manageable, and I ran into a couple bugs, but nothing that closing the game and reopening didn't fix, and they were fairly minor like quick restarts no longer working, pause button breaking, etc.

This game gave me Schacht vibes in the way levels are designed, although there's much more care put into it because unlike Schacht, the levels aren't procedurally generated. So there are actual built-in shortcuts to discover, and there are plenty of those. There was a decent amount of levels as well, 66 total, which is good because no level lasts more than 40 seconds maximum. The game introduces new mechanics at a fairly regular pace so the game stays fresh, and even going back for S-Ranks at the end is like playing a different game, because at that point you'll have infinite stamina, opening up so many shortcuts and techniques to take advantage of in each level. It was almost like playing an entirely new level once your stamina gauge is taken away.

I also ended up being second fastest achiever, but.. basically nobody has played this, so that's not particularly impressive lol. It's a shame to see how low the player count is, since this game is actually quite good. I'd recommend it to 3D platformer fans, especially on sale like it is now.

• Like 4

#19: Trover Uh.. Saves The Like, You Know, Universe Or Some Shit.. I Dunno, This Is Just How They Talk In That Game, If You Haven't Played It, Well, I Don't Know What To Tell You Man, Sucks To Suck Bro

³1L4b139b.png

Really wanted to like this game, as I'm a big Rick and Morty fan (I doubt there are many who aren't on this site), but it was just an average ass platformer.

If you're not great at platformers (guilty) you're gonna have moments where you're trying to figure out what to do next and are force fed a loop of "uuhhhh let's do fuckin interdimensional cable man, yeah let's DO that shit bro RIGHT IN MY ASS," and like a Twilight Zone episode bearing the careful-what-you-wish-for adage, you're suddenly realizing that this isn't what you wanted in a game.

The charm wore off very quickly, and I started finding this game annoying. And I felt like an asshole, because I have found literally zero negative comments about this game, and it made me think it's just me. Which is entirely possible, of course.

Having said all that, by the time I was finished, I... kinda liked it? I mean I still think this is obnoxious silliness free of any sort of substance tacked on to what's a passable game at best, but it did grow on me. I suppose what I'm getting at is if platformers are your thing and you love Rick and Morty, try it. But only if it's on sale (which it currently is, whaddayaknow).

Also for real fuck that basketball trophy.

• Like 4