Most Recent Platinum

Muff

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve been trying to hunt down some copies of the Dead Space series myself. I’ve gotten into survival horror games lately, and I really want to experience those games as I’ve heard they’re gems in that category.

Also by the way, you should check out this awesome Dead Space 2 platinum journey video by this guy. It’s a very cool and well made video, and should give you a nice boost of inspiration as you’re going for this behemoth!

It’s a little long, but I promise it’s worth every single minute. It’s super interesting, and a little funny too! 1f609.png

Good luck man!

I'm already subscribed to Adam and the other Trophy YouTubers like Ludixp, Platinumbro and a few others but thanks for the consideration. 

What's most frustrating about this platinum for me is i used to be an Xbox player and I've done it on there, lol.

I definitely recommend The Dead Space series and hope you do get them as they are fantastic even though the third entry is hit and miss. Also Alien Isolation and the rumoured Silent Hill remakes.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve been trying to hunt down some copies of the Dead Space series myself. I’ve gotten into survival horror games lately, and I really want to experience those games as I’ve heard they’re gems in that category.

Also by the way, you should check out this awesome Dead Space 2 platinum journey video by this guy. It’s a very cool and well made video, and should give you a nice boost of inspiration as you’re going for this behemoth!

It’s a little long, but I promise it’s worth every single minute. It’s super interesting, and a little funny too! ?

Good luck man!

I did much of what Adam did during his run. Also died in that one room several times which sent me back to Chapter 5.

The eye poke machine was hectic, as was going back to your ship at the very end after the credits start rolling as you can die from debris sending you back to wherever you made your third save.

Hard Core Mode.... hectic, at times scary, a little frustrating, but ultimately satisfying. Maybe before too long I'll snag a cheap copy of Dead Space 3 and get those online co-op trophies done before it's too late.

On 3/12/2021 at 0:45 PM, Darghel said:

1Ld013df.png

40-platinum.png#97  Agito Achieved (Final Fantasy Type-0 HD)

Difficulty: The trophies are easy...but the game is not.

Time to Complete: About 30 hours

Recommended: Well yes but actually no

Total Score: 2/10

My expectations were low but holy fuck, this game completely destroyed it so badly it sunk deeper down. I haven't played anything so legitimately unfun for such a long time (last one I recall was FF13, but even that game had something!) and I have almost given up on the game itself...I mean they really had to work out of their way to make this game unfun, because you just can't make an fast paced action jrpg unfun on purpose! 

There's so much wrong with this game I would take forever, but let me say this: the game had a lot of potential and I could see it, the story was pretty grim and bloody but it had something going for it, but it never achieved anything and resulted in forcing me to play a second time in order to do understand it. Infact this game takes the same idea that "homework is fun!" and a lot of the story bits or details are tied to the datalog - ehm crystarium, and you're supposed to read that to know more....yeah isn't that epic?!

But seriously, I can't even describe why this is so unfun, so ill mention just the ones i can remember vividly:

-14 characters but you cannot change them, equip gear, upgrade their skills, LITERALLY ANYTHING outside of save points. If you're stuck with a group, you're stuck with them until you use a save point. FUN!

-14 characters but you cannot train them all at once: only the 3 in battle will gain experience while the rest won't gain jack. Even secret training is annoying because it works for ONLY ONE!

- And yes, you need all of them leveled up!

-The stupid time limit for each day that really has no purpose but to limit your gameplay, especially later when you get more missions.

-You can't resurrect anyone if they die and enemies have the tendency of 1 shotting you due to a system called Killstrike (basically 1 shotting you if you turn red, which works also for them).

-Cannot escape battles unless your main team dies, which brings the problem above mentioned.

-Boss fights are....just....just no, I cannot describe them how bad they were: constant 1 shotting me, almost never on melee reach and just....just no, NO!

-Camera is so bad it legitimately strained my eyes a few times due to how quick and badly positioned it is: I guess on PSP it made sense but this is ps4! 

-Controls are crippled beyond belief, with dodge and defensive spells sharing the same button, and L2 and R2 being switching targets...again on psp i could understand but this is ps4, there's an analogic stick that works for that, and it DOES work! so why not free those 2 buttons for a dodge-specific button or something? 

-Large world map to explore, but no fast travel until much later, and chocobos have an unknown timer...and some enemies on the map will one-shot you.

Only thing that I could say had something was the story: the setting is truly the thing that got me curious, with l'Cie (AAAARGH!) coming back but for some reason doing stuff I couldn't in 13, like having red eyes or the ability to fly or to live forever (hey did someone actually made a good superhuman?). Jokes aside, the setting was probably the only thing that got me curious, and the idea that memories of someone are erased when they died suddenly made me care more for someone when they died...until I realized that I had no freaking idea who everyone was!

Yeah, the game introduces you to Class Zero right away with no explanation: who is Ace? Who is Queen? Who is King? No idea but there's the criterium for that! Other scenes often get cut or just got to points I never understood the connection, assuming something happened before...but the game didn't bother to show! There's even a secret about them but the game never bothered to say it, and I assume it will be on the second playthrough...but thankfully you don't need to do more than one for the platinum, unless you purposedly miss something and, thankfully, you can do everything in one shot: the game is very easy on that and overall it was doable, even though I had to use the secret training to make the game a bit faster because grinding is a chore (again, 14 characters, with only 3 gaining experience at once, while the rest won't). It saving grace was the easy platinum really: if it was more complicated and harder I would've probably given up way before.

Still, the game felt so careless about everything, with not enough emphasis on what matters (cool, it's a war setting, but I still don't know anyone!) that when I heard that replaying will unlock more backstory and such I just passed.

After all, if the game itself doesn't care to tell me their story, why should I?

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it :(

I loved it, though if I played it now probably not much. It came out during a time when FF was at a low, and it was so refreshing to play a FF game that wasn't tied to FFXIII at the time

I think if you played it back then you may have liked it, maybe. 

But either way congrats on the plat! 

• Like 1