Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #313

Glass Masquerade (PS4)

L50e1c1.png

1L74a86e.png

Art Deco

Unlock all trophies

This one actually will be short for once haha. There isn't a whole lot to say about this game. Its essentially Jigsaw Puzzles: The Video Game. If you like Jigsaws you will almost certainly like this. It has a very unique art style too. (I loved the idea of puzzles made out of stained glass.)  I've sort of just been playing this off and on the last few days between playing Shadow of the Colossus, its been nice and relaxing to just solve some puzzles to some relaxing music for a bit in the evening, its actually a lot more cathartic than I expected it to be. I think the really chilled out OST helps as well to be fair, perhaps should have saved the relaxation for when I have to do the Hard Time Attacks in Shadow of the Colossus, but there's always glass Masquerade 2 for that!

I guess now it also has the distinction of being my most common platinum, so there's that I guess. I don't mind though its not like I didn't have fun playing it, because I very much did. Of all the games I own it is by far the platinum with the highest PSN percentage I think I've personally seen, something like 72.4%, obviously there is higher just not of anything I've played. I managed to pick both Glass Masquerade 1 and 2 up in a sale about a month ago for under £3, which turned out to be an absolute steal.

If anybody was interested in this, don't go in expecting it to be a quick and easy Platinum, its easy, because all you have to do is solve the puzzles, but there is 25 I think and some of them can take a while. I guess you could expedite the process by looking up what the Clock face  picture is supposed to be, but where is the fun in that. I enjoyed this game a lot though and its the sort of thing I'd play anyway even if trophies weren't involved so the trophies were just a nice bonus I guess, so if its something you might be interested in and you can get it for a good price, you definitely should. Fans of Artifex Mundi's titles would probably enjoy this, just don't expect any story. I look forward to Glass Masquerade 2 in the near future as I've heard that is a bit more challenging, which I like the sound of.

• Like 4

Platinum #151 - SkyScrappers

Skyscrappers-01-min-696x392.jpg

After a particularly boring Saturday I saw this on Playstation Now and figured why not i might as well. Overall not a bad game and the whole climbing the building gimmick was a pretty cool idea but this game has an incredibly low amount of content. Four characters that play exactly the same, four campaigns that are also pretty much the exact same and only a few very similar levels. It was not a bad three hour experience but not one i will revist. Not sure what i'm going for next, a little burnt out at the moment.

• Like 4

Platinum #141: Salt and Sanctuary (PS4) 

Fun: 8.5/10 

Difficulty: 4.5/10 

An excellent 2D Souls-like. The bosses aren’t that hard surprisingly since there’s no contact damage in this game and the 2D medium means you only have 2 directions to potentially roll in. The story is a bit trippy and hard to decipher. Is the ship at the start just an illusion? Highly recommended to anyone that likes the Souls genre. 

• Like 4

#97 Galaga. That one was quite hard for me and it took me over 2 years of hoping on and off the game. Sometimes I got so frustrated that I stopped playing for a few month. A few days back I had a decent run and finally managed to get the missing perfect stages. Was a big relief for me. 

Edited by Cassio_Legend
  • Like 2