Muff

Most Recent Platinum

53,725 posts in this topic

7th Platinum: VA-11 HALL-A

1L300594.png

:platinum: Jill of all trades

Get all achievements.

"It's time to mix drinks and save lives in VA-11 HALL-A for a shiny Platinum trophy."

pretty pround of this one

Truck-Driver-20210331233219.jpg

I started it just under a year ago but couldn't play it for ages because it was just a broken game, loads of patches came out to fix it but everyone just made it worse. It recently became playable again and now I've got the plat, was a grind but a relaxing truck driving sim tbh :) Never played anything like it before

Edited by LukeTheGooner

15 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Tip for anyone planning to play this game: Play it with the English dub. I almost always play Japanese games with the Japanese voices, and I regretted it this time because the story gets very convoluted at one point. Having to read subtitles added to the difficulty of trying follow the plot.

I disagree, the Japanese voice acting was absolutely amazing and it was one of the main reason I enjoyed this game so much. 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim was my second favorite game of 2020, after Utawarerumono: Prelude to the Fallen. For the best experience, I highly recommend playing this masterpiece with the original Japanese voices. I'm sure anyone who plays visual novels or watches subbed anime shouldn't have any issue reading subtitles.

11 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

All I was saying is that because the story gets quite convoluted, some native English-speakers may not like the added task of having to read quickly while trying to make sense of complicated material that is often dumped on the player in condensed amounts.

I see, I just thought it was weird in your first post when you mentioned that you "regretted" playing this game with the Japanese voices when the Japanese voice acting is one of the most appealing feature about this game. Personally I would not have enjoyed this masterpiece so much if I had played it dubbed.

Edited by BlinkWinkel

37 minutes ago, BlinkWinkel said:

I disagree, the Japanese voice acting was absolutely amazing and it was one of the main reason I enjoyed this game so much.

I also think the Japanese voice acting was good. That wasn't the issue.

38 minutes ago, BlinkWinkel said:

I'm sure anyone who plays visual novels or watches subbed anime shouldn't have any issue reading subtitles.

Most of what I watch is anime and most of what I play is Japanese (usually with Japanese voices). Anyone who even remotely recognizes me on this site knows that I'm a major Japanophile. I'm also university educated so my reading comprehension is more than strong enough to read subtitles with ease.

All I was saying is that because the story gets quite convoluted, some native English-speakers may not like the added task of having to read quickly while trying to make sense of complicated material that is often dumped on the player in condensed amounts.

Platinum #145: Assassin’s Creed 3 Liberation 

Enjoyment: 2/10

Difficulty: 3/10 

What a glitchy frustrating load of BS. I had my save file get corrupted twice (actually 3 times, but the last time didn’t matter). The first time thankfully was after I had finished most of the miscellaneous trophies like climbing 8800 meters and getting tree assassinations but since the Vita doesn’t do it automatically I had forgotten to back up my save to the cloud so I lost all my storyline sync progress. The second time it happened I only lost half an hour thankfully. 

The plot was... passable I guess. Nothing to write home about. I saw the big twist at the end coming from a mile away. As you can tell from my trophy list I’m not much of an AC guy. The only reason I even have this is because it was bundled with my Vita and I’ve been trying to clean up my backlog this year. Definitely not playing another AC any time soon.