Most Recent Platinum

Muff

My most recent Platinum is The Sims 4

got a platinum on a game that was a 0% for years on my trophy list. Only went and did it once the opportunity to use others save files or whatever it is called from the community tab, a big thanks to those people who uploaded characters for it!

Difficulty: 1/10

Enjoyment: 3/10

Time: 5-6 hours

• Like 3

Platinum #89

Duke Nukem Forever

1Lc4b4bf.png

Difficulty: 6.5 / 10

Fun: 6 / 10

Another ps3 game done. This game had its fun moments at some points, but on the other hand some sections were boring. Platinum itself isnt much hard but broken gaming mechanics makes it frustrating. On insane turret sections are broken as hell, and there are few parts that can be very tense to pass. But nothing too hard. I should come back now to PS4 games.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Just 1 more of these left, No More Heroes, which I played back on the Wii.  I remember that one fondly, so I hope it holds up and wraps up this journey on a high note. 

The soundtrack to Lollipop Chainsaw is easily one of the top 5 best licensed OSTs out there.  Fell in love with a few bands because of it and there were some pretty oddball choices on there.  Five Finger Death Punch being the biggest one even if they fell off after their third album.  Newest one is a return to form though.

I'm not even going to dignify it with my usual stylized post because it was an auto-pop but Fallen Order on the PS5.  Still one of my favorite Metroidvanias even if I'm not the biggest Star Wars fan (nothing to do with the new trilogy, just never really into it other than the Clone Wars animated series and the Heir to the Empire novel trilogy.)  The best combat system since Force Unleashed II though.

Edited by TheMutilatingOne
It combined my two posts, so sorry for this shit.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Neptuos said:

I have always loved the series, and the gameplay is still clean and well done in this one, the animations are so smooth and beautiful to watch, but I'm done with this multiple Season Pass bullshit.

This shit has 2 season pass, each costs $33.99, and it includes characters that were ripped out of the game, what a good deal isn't it. Season pass 1 for example, includes Tira, Amy, and Cassandra, old ass characters in the series, and Bandai Namco has the gall to lie to our faces and call Cassandra an 'All new playable character'. She was playable in Soul Calibur 2 & 3.

You wanna charge for 2B? Fine, she is a crossover character, charge for her, but don't remove characters from the roster just to milk more money out of your fanbase!

They want me to pay an extra 7$ per character that they randomly took out of the game, despite it still being in the game, just not selectable. They did the same with the character creator, in that they removed a lot of items, if you want to use them in your character, you need to buy them as "DLC", and most of those items, are items that were available from start for free in past entries.

I'm pretty disappointed with this one, and that's coming from a die-hard fan.

It’s only going to get worse.

Tekken 7 did some of this as well. You have to pay money for separate characters. Street Fighter is in the same boat. I believe Mortal Kombat does this as well, but I haven’t touched a modern Mortal Kombat so I’m not too familiar with them.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will have second year DLC. You thought one Season Pass was going to get you all DLC? Nope. For a number of today’s AAA games you have to pay for two or more Season Passes. At the end of the day you’re looking at paying at least $100 - 150 if you want all the vital content for a number of AAA games. 

It’s greed, and they know people will shell out their hard earned money for it. Things will only get worse, which is why I’m very hesitant to jump headfirst into the PS5 generation. $69.99 for new AAA PS5 games plus Season Passes will have me paying literally a hundred bucks or more a game. That is insane.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Tekken 7 did some of this as well. You have to pay money for separate characters. Street Fighter is in the same boat. I believe Mortal Kombat does this as well, but I haven’t touched a modern Mortal Kombat so I’m not too familiar with them.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will have second year DLC. You thought one Season Pass was going to get you all DLC? Nope. For a number of today’s AAA games you have to pay for two or more Season Passes. At the end of the day you’re looking at paying at least $100 - 150 if you want all the vital content for a number of AAA games. 

It’s greed, and they know people will shell out their hard earned money for it. Things will only get worse, which is why I’m very hesitant to jump headfirst into the PS5 generation. $69.99 for new AAA PS5 games plus Season Passes will have me paying literally a hundred bucks or more a game. That is insane.

the commentator had a good point about SC. I don’t think you do about valhalla. They were always upfront about what was included in the season pass. It’s also new content with complete new areas, well worthy of additional charge. It’s not greed to charge people for content that they put significant resources into. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Agreed, most games now are sold as a service and not as a product so brace for worst, but still, to me there are cases where season pass are fine, like @gnova mentioned, it’s not greed to charge for content that they put significant resources, and in every case, you can simply choose to not buy it. But with fighting games it's different. Fighting games are mostly niche, they need it's community to survive, they need a healthy player base to have tournaments to generate hype and income, but when those greedy companies charge you extra for a character who was in past releases, they are doing the opposite. And you can also say that it's totally pay to win when it comes to fighting games, because if you want to get better in the game, you can't simply choose to not buy it, because without buying you can't even learn a DLC character moveset in training mode, so how are you gonna beat a Hilde player in ranked matches without paying $7 to get access to the character in training mode?

For Soul Calibur 6, the developpers were already talking about DLC characters, pre-order costumes, season pass, pre-order bonus characters and shit like that when the base roster of the game wasn't even known yet, that's how you know you're going into a scam. One of the DLC's in Soul Calibur 6 is the Character Creation Set, there's a bunch of them, each costs around $1.99 and the description reads: "Additional items for use in Character Creation; These items include the following: Brand new items for SOULCALIBUR VI". That is a lie, most of those Creation items, are straight copy&paste from previous entries, and they are behind a dlc paywall.

• Like 3