Most Recent Platinum

Muff

#350: Moving Out 

1Lee050a.png
                   Master Mover

Unlock all of the trophies 

A pretty fun game that got added into PSNow. HIGHLY recommend using assist mode if playing solo (couch co-op only) because this game was not designed for friendless players lol. Took me 14 hours with a little grind at the end. 

Edited by ArabianSwordsman
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Phoenix_argentea said:

Platinum trophy No. 226! :)

1Lecfc4f.png

Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX

:platinum:Great Protector of Radaxian.

This was the very first videogame that I've ever played when I was a child, which was pre-installed on the glorious Sega Master System II. :wub: I spent so many afternoons when I came back from school, trying to clear this game. It was the 1996, and I had no internet, guides,  etc. Simply a lot of "trial and error" :giggle:.

This remake is quite faithful to the original version. but there are a couple of things that I didn't like (simply because they weren't 100% faithful):

- the bosses battles are completely different, especially when you encounter for the second time the three commanders (and I struggled against the first one, the Hand guy);

- the inventory is absent. There's just a square in the upper right corner where you can switch between the items that you have, but there isn't a real "inventory" with the map (except the pause menu where you can see the colelctibles and the stone tablet);

- the telepathy ball. Why do I have to lose it when I die?!

- now there are collectibles (NPC and random items which should be easter eggs);

- when you run out of lives, you restart from the current level (and not from the beginning, thank God!)

- there are new levels added between the original ones;

- you can switch between the remake and the "almost-faithful" original version using a single button (like the Asterix & Obelix Romastered game). Yes, "almost-faithful", because, when you clear the game, you unlock the "classic mode", which is the original game!!

piJNl3n.jpg

Surely this remake was made with love, and it was a nice dive in a very far away past... 1f622.png

Platinum screenshot in retro pixel mode! I remember that this room in Janken Castle was a real nightmare. So many playthrough ended here bacause I kept dying in those stupid four spikes at the beginning. Until I found the solution, simply by accident: the upper spikes can't kill you! I felt so stupid when I learned it...:facepalm:

LQVJIrc.jpg

The original was re-released on the PS3 with trophy support. I may pick up the remake in the near future.

• Like 1