Most Recent Platinum

Muff

15 hours ago, Slava said:

:platinum:#15 - GRAN TURISMO 6

1L9ab615.png

Gran Turismo Platinum Trophy 

9gPv6Bc.jpeg

Much thanks and appreciation for the review. 

Gran Turismo is one of Sony’s oldest franchises. I played the old games briefly way back in the day, but being a kid who didn’t know much of anything, never got too far with them. I recall renting one of the Gran Turismo games on the PS2. Played it for a while, found it a little too difficult, returned it to my rental store within a couple days. 

Unlike a lot of PS3 games, Gran Turismo 6 is reasonably priced physically on Amazon and eBay. Unfortunately that PS3 Store shutdown announcement made a lot of old games spike in price. Gran Turismo 6 thankfully didn’t, because I imagine there are some hardcore fans out there who still play this. 

The Senna DLC I hear is very hard. He must of left a real impact because people still talk about him decades after his death. DRIVECLUB so far has been the hardest racing game I’ve played, with a couple events taking me a few hours each. I imagine the DLC will be roughly the same.

I always wanted to give this franchise a chance but I never got around to it. Gran Turismo 5 is unobtainable, and Gran Turismo Sport is difficult on top of being time consuming. Gran Turismo 6 is really my only good choice if I just want to get a taste for the series.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Much thanks and appreciation for the review. 

Gran Turismo is one of Sony’s oldest franchises. I played the old games briefly way back in the day, but being a kid who didn’t know much of anything, never got too far with them. I recall renting one of the Gran Turismo games on the PS2. Played it for a while, found it a little too difficult, returned it to my rental store within a couple days. 

Unlike a lot of PS3 games, Gran Turismo 6 is reasonably priced physically on Amazon and eBay. Unfortunately that PS3 Store shutdown announcement made a lot of old games spike in price. Gran Turismo 6 thankfully didn’t, because I imagine there are some hardcore fans out there who still play this. 

The Senna DLC I hear is very hard. He must of left a real impact because people still talk about him decades after his death. DRIVECLUB so far has been the hardest racing game I’ve played, with a couple events taking me a few hours each. I imagine the DLC will be roughly the same.

I always wanted to give this franchise a chance but I never got around to it. Gran Turismo 5 is unobtainable, and Gran Turismo Sport is difficult on top of being time consuming. Gran Turismo 6 is really my only good choice if I just want to get a taste for the series.

I can't compare this game to other GT entries or Driveclub, but I'm glad you found my review helpful regardless ?.

I bought a used copy for around 11 bucks converted. I thought it was a reasonable price. Sadly, it had no manual, but whatever ?.

Senna is definitely a legendary race driver. The DLC features plenty of info about him including a short documentary that delves into the charity program associated with his name. He wanted to provide education to poor kids in his country so that they have a chance in life like he did. His sister followed up on that dream and helped make it a reality after his passing. 

Edited by Slava