Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1L485e05.png

:platinum: #57 - F1 2020

This is probably the easiest instalment of the PS4 Formula One series, and least grindy! The introduction of “My Team” mode was alright, (you own, manage the finances, deal with sponsors, sign drivers and drive yourself - all of this responsibility falls on you) It was something different and it was a nice touch to be able to race in the single player career using your own livery etc. Which also carries over to MP

The only issue I encountered was trying to finish the online races in ranked matches. After reaching Safety Rating rank S, I was unable to find any lobbies or ever be paired up with any other driver, with the exception of 1 guy that I raced against for an hour, just the two of us. He was also rank S. I’m assuming this is down to being slightly unpopulated, the matchmaking pairing you with similar ranks, but also because F1 online tends to be more like demolition derby with the infamous first corner dive bombs of the century, meaning that no one else actually has that high a safety rating?! 

Nevertheless, unranked lobbies were in abundance which made for good racing, and I didn’t want to boost this in a league because that’s boring!

One more to go and then I will have caught up with the entire series!

• Like 4

platinum #606 Watch Dogs 2 (ps4)

completed in 1 week and 16 minutes

platinum rarity 19.41% rare

favorite trophy: Ded-Sec-A-Roni (ride a cable car)

platinum name: Graduation Day

game was different than the 1st. there was collectible but only for 1 type. had the open world from the start after a few missions. going through my backlog and it's going to be doughlings: arcade (ps4). seems to have a decent rate of plat. completely new.

• Like 2

Platinum #192 - Idle Champions (PS4)

1L7a05ad.png

Man, this one took a long time to get and will probably be the last idle game I play, if any others are released in the future.  This game requires a lot more user input than you would think, and with multi-pp functionality not really being a thing on consoles, this is a PITA to baby sit.  It's not too bad if you have shows you're trying to catch up on or if you're doing stuff IRL, but still annoying.

The game itself isn't bad.  I actually enjoyed some of the scenarios that they had in the game, and there were some challenging ones towards the end of my platinum that required some thinking.  99% of the time though, it was just grinding for days on end for a few additional stats that may or may not help you.

I would not recommend this grind, if you do not enjoy heavy grinding.  If you do though, this is right up your alley.

Enjoyment: 6/10

Platinum Difficulty: 2/10

• Like 4