Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1Lba9ded.png

Dirt 5

Got it from PS+  I thought it was an OK game.  Took around a solid two days of actual playing time to get 100% Maybe it was me, but there were times where the game would stutter lag, which was an annoyance. I don't know what have I'm gong for next.   I bought so many games, yet I don't have the time to place as much as I'd like.  Maybe play Horizon (both games) and then finish up something like Control for me?

• Like 4

Finally earned my first Platinum Trophy on Playstation! 

L258f3b.png

1L7518f5.png

It took me way longer than I expected to actually earn my first Platinum, but I wanted to make it something special. My original plan was Sniper Elite 3, but it's been difficult to find a reliable partner for Authentic difficulty in coop, plus a couple of multiplayer ribbons require 3 players. Eventually I'd like to get that done as well, but I figured I've waited long enough, and chose a game from a series that I love. I've already completed Trials Fusion and Trials Rising on Xbox, so I had prior experience. The big part was just shaking the rust off as I haven't played in a couple years. I still struggled a bit, as I'd say I have a lower skill than a lot of people who complete these games, I just have the persistence to keep trying. The hardest part for me was getting gold on Loose Screw. That skill game caused me so much frustration back on Xbox and unfortunately it didn't come any quicker here. I also had a much harder time earn the "Two is Better Than One" trophy, which requires you to beat Stonehenge on the tandem bike with zero faults. When I did it on Xbox, I had an irl friend around to help me, and while he didn't have much experience, it was still much easier than doing it solo with two controllers, like I had to do this time. This trophy probably took me 2 hours, where the first time it might have been 30 minutes. On top of that, it was physically painful to play that way. However, some things came much quicker this time, specifically the diamond medals on the dlc tracks. You have to earn 1 diamond in each dlc, the first time I did this, it must have taken 2-4 hours to get each. This time I grabbed both within 50 minutes. That was a relief as I was dreading earning those again. I'm really glad I chose this game to be my first, as Trials means a lot to me, hopefully this won't be my last platinum lol.

• Like 4

Platinum #25

Dirt 5

1Lba9ded.png

I got the game for free with PS+ a while back.

The good: this game uses all the available rumble in the Dual Sense and its adaptive triggers. The graphs are good but not outstanding and the way that the cars get progressively more dirty as the race goes on is kinda neat.

The bad: the game is very repetitive. In the middle of the campaign mode you already want to give up.

Hardest trophy: the one you have to make 30K+ points in one type of event. They patched the easy way to do it, so you actually have to try.

Grindiest trophy: driving 1000 miles. There are custom maps that let you get this trophy while AFK, but somehow my car was getting stuck in these maps from time to time. 

• Like 4