Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #231

Swamp Defense 2

1L771e11.png

Victory
All trophies completed

Fuck this game, good grief. The balance is all over the place. I had to grind and even that didn't make it good sometimes. Certain levels, probably about 5-7 total (out of 50 something + the bonus levels) are just ridiculous for no reason. You find something that works and then it just ceases to work for certain maps and there's no consistency. Some maps it's better to have level 1 towers en mass, others it's better to plant one tower at a time and upgrade it before doing another. Some maps feel like they're almost impossible to start off. I was watching a video on one level and my coin rewards were significantly less than whoever was playing on youtube. Not sure what that was about but it was frustrating, I was a good 600 coins behind the video despite following it exactly. 

I went in expecting some mediocre tower defense, maybe even somewhat bad but playable... and while it is playable, and I'd say it's not entirely bad, a few of the levels and a lot of the design choices are very bad. THere's not even a replay button. The UI is god awful. The waves start automatically, even the first one. 

I got caught up playing another game instead of writing this, so I"m tired and can't be bothered to put any more mental energy into this stupid fucking game. It's certainly no Kingdom Rush, that's for sure.

Oh but I have to point out that the game slowly increases the health of enemies without any visual difference so it's hard to gauge what will actually die. Other tower defense games have different enemy types for that purpose, but this one just says "fuck it" and increases the health of existing enemies so you never know what you're going to get. Great design choice.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 3