Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: #7 - Friday The 13th: Killer Puzzle

L14d77b.png

So I decided to move straight onto this one after earning the platinum in Slayaway Camp. The games are almost identical apart from this game using a ranking up system which awards you with crates containing new weapons rather than being able to buy gore packs and additional killers. I liked having the additional killers so for that reason I marginally preferred Slayaway Camp but there wasn't much in it. 

I recommend them both if you're into slasher and horror movies or just puzzle games in general. I picked this one up pretty cheaply too.

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 3/10

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jounochi said:

Good going, that's a fun one to platinum!  I think you will really like the DLCs too, but some have trophies that are a bit jank.

Platinum #194 - Ghost of Tsushima (PS5)

1L8da7f0.png

I really enjoyed this game, but I thought I would enjoy it much more than I did.  The combat system is great and the game has a great setting, but all of the side things that needed to be done really bogged down the experience for me.  Side missions were pretty decent, with one questline making me belly laugh, but past that the open world stuff felt like fluff.

Game is super pretty and is overall a great time if you just play it for the story.  I still need to finish the DLC, but happy to have the main game completed for now.

Enjoyment: 7/10

Platinum #195 - Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory (PS4)

1L213da9.png

Began this game at the end of 2021 and had enjoyed the game for the most part.  Having the characters on a track is different from other rhythm games I've platinumed, which led to some early frustration when it came to timing.  Once you get used to it though, the game is cake walk and is pretty fun playing an hour or two every week.

There is one trophy that requires you to kill 100,000 enemies that adds on a ton of unneeded grinding and time investment for the platinum.  Luckily, the music is good, but it is still a huge grind that overstays its' welcome.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 6/10

Platinum #196 - Yooka-Laylee (PS4)

1L90fa50.png

Popped the disc in for this and had a blast playing through this platformer!  This had the feel of an old 3D platformer and felt very polished.  The music and individual worlds in this game felt really fun to play but the story was meh.

Enjoyment: 8/10

Platinum #197 - YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World (PS4)

1L701f28.png

Got the COVID so I needed something to chill out with.  Was in the mood for a VN and was not disappointed with this one.  This VN was very well written and had a bunch of branching paths that I needed to explore in order to get this plat.  The music was also very well done and I find it playing in my head still, even though I have finished.

There are a few branches that can be easily missed and there are no guides out there that seem to explain the steps to get them 100%, so if you boot this game up, keep that in mind.

Difficulty: 2/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

Still testing positive for COVID so I think I have some extra time at home this week.  Going to boot up a few games that I have on the shelf that need completing and will see if I can pass 200 this month.

Thanks mate! Fortunately the season pass was recently on sale for €24,99, so I took advantage of it ? 

IW is a great game, it's a shame that is so underrated, especially zombies.

Take care!

• Like 2

:platinum: #59 - Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL

1Lb6b16f.png

Difficulty: 4/10

Fun: 9/10

The Cartoon Network equivalent of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, made about 10 years before said Nickelodeon fighter (they really were ahead of their time! Now when's the Disney platform fighter coming?). The most challenging trophies aren't part of story mode, but goddamn beating Aku without dying, beating corrupted Buttercup in under a minute, and scoring a KO with Father's useless synergy assists were a pain in the ass and that's why I personally give the difficulty rating higher than 3. Despite those flaws, this is actually a damn good game, if a bit short and lacking some features All-Star Brawl had (like an online mode and voice acting variety). There's also a startling lack of Adventure Time and Regular Show characters even though the game was out long after their premiere, which I personally am chalking down to development beginning before they were picked up. Would love to see a PS4/5 port of this game with additional characters and perhaps a longer story mode, but I think MultiVersus is putting that idea in the "not happening" pile, sadly.

• Like 3