Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #279

Omno

1L83f259.png

The Enlightened - 70,17%

An easy platformer/puzzle game that feels very similar to games like Journey and Abzu.

Platinum #280

Omensight

1L9089b3.png

Completionist - 20,44%

The inofficial successor to Stories: The Path of Destinies. This time the protagonist is an godly avatar, that tries to prevent the end of the world by repeating the final day of the world at the side of 4 different anthrophomorphic animals, to solve the murder of an owl priestess. It has the same "choose your own adventure" style of storytelling, that made Stories so interesting for me. Like Stories it can get a bit repetitive but this lies in the nature of this sort of storytelling so I didn`t found it that annoying. All in all a fun game.

Platinum #281

Narita Boy

1L277b95.png

Master of the Trichroma - 37,67%

I could write a bit about the story of this masterpiece of a game, or I can let the game do the talking (or should I say singing) for me:

Besides a banger soundtrack the game offers a really cool artdesign that looks like a mix of Blasphemous and Tron and metroidvania style gameplay (although it is more linear then the typical metroidvania).

I really liked this game and I think I found one contender for my game of the year.

• Like 4

Platinum #104: :platinum: SpongeBob SquarePants Battle for Bikini Bottom 

1Lf1d815.png

I never played the original game, so I went into this one with no real nostalgia for it, and it was... okay. I haven't watched any of the newer SpongeBob stuff, but it was fun to see all the references and just generally explore Bikini Bottom. That being said, I found a lot of the game to be more annoying than fun. (Especially all of the Kelp Forest level.) I don't think it's a bad game, but definitely not one I'll play again, or one that I super enjoyed overall. :hmm: At least it was free on PS+. 

• Like 3

1L183386.png

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragons Keep: A Wonderlands One-Shot Adventure

A game I picked up while it was PS+ game of the month some time ago. Really enjoyed this game without too much trouble. In the beginning struggled a bit with the game mechanism but the game is designed to learn quickly. Had fun while playing online co-op. The only thing I really really struggled with was the Cute Loot trophy which is a RNG based encounter. Had to grind a few hours for the encounter to finally show (didn't even properly see it because I killed it before I knew it was there).

1La1fbfb.png

LEGO The Lord of the Rings

Recently picked up a VITA and started playing some games included with it. This game was truly fun to play. They used the audio of dialogues of movies and it brought me back to those same movies. Nothing too hard (it's a LEGO game) but really fun. This game (and LEGO DC Super-Villains) made me think to play more LEGO games because of the sheer fun I have playing them. 

1L0ba9ec.png

Assassin's Creed III Liberation (VITA)

Although the VITA version of the game is how the game was intended (PS3 version is an upgrade) it really felt like a rundown version. A real buggy mess if you ask me. The shiptrading minigame was annoying because I kept losing my cargo or ships so I had to start a new playthrough to get the shipmaster trophy. Also, the online mode really let me down. Overall I don't mind online trophies if the game is fun to play, but what they did here.. I don't know. Luckily you can grind this section of the game and after a few hours of mindless grinding (was watching some series in the meantime) I finally could finish this abomination of a game.

• Like 4

:platinum: #67 - That's You!

1L3777dc.png

Difficulty: 1/10 for the game, 7/10 for the setup because it's a real pain in the ass

Fun: 7.3ish something solo/10, I imagine it's a lot more fun with friends

One of the PlayLink games, this is a party game of very strange proportions with the most tedious setup for a platinum trophy I have ever seen in my life. This would be a blast with friends. Playing with SIX dummy accounts? Not so much. You look insane doing so if you don't live alone and you also start to question your life choices. On the flip side, it is an ultra rare, which is pretty cool. But if you value your sanity, do not ever attempt this solely due to the setup alone. It isn't worth it unless you're certifiably insane like I am.

• Like 4