Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #236

Nickelodeon Kart Racers

1L084a25.png

MASTER OF THE TRACK
Unlock every trophy.

T'was alright. Certainly miles better than that All-Star Brawl. I do think the AI balancing is utter trash though. Hard was all over the place. Especially on the goo. I was lapping these morons on hard in the goo yet in certain [mostly solid ground] tracks they'd be all up on my ass. Most were so easy even on hard, but some just bombarded you like Mario Kart Wii on the last lap in the last turn and you'd end up far behind, if not for the fact you can store up goo for boosts you'd probably get last but can at least make back a few spots. And certain characters are very annoying like Arnold, so I ended up playing him. 

His special is just too annoying when the AI uses it compared to all other ones. Although it is slower than speed pads on the ground so you gotta time it right, but then you also risk losing the power up so... there's some thinking to be done. I wasn't that impressed by the track layouts, but some of the easter eggs as I was grinding out the remaining coins were cool to see. And I do like the goo aspect a lot. I just wish the customization wasn't a thing, I just find that annoying more than anything personally.

Speaking of Arnold and All-Star Brawl, his super (being carried by pigeons) is how his extra jump should've been done. That's why I like this more, it feels like they had more time to do things that were befitting each character instead of having tons of clones. Each character has it's own special item like Mario Kart Double Dash which I've always liked. 

The Arena maps were trash though, all the same layout from what I could see. I tried like 4 of each mode and they're all the same layout just different skins. :/ Not enough budget to justify that mode imo. Not nearly as bad as the sports mode in ASB though so I'll give tehm that. Just doing 10 matches in all 3 types was tedious. 

Pretty easy platinum, if a bit tedious given the lengthy 8-track cups. Doing three of those three times over is really annoying. But I guess if difficulty stacked you'd have to do way more grinding for coins and leveling up. I'm glad I picked it up on sale. I got the second to try too. I'm not sure if I'm up for it right away or not, I'll check out the list first. 

Very lacking in character choice, especially in regards to what properties are included. But hey, it's decent. And had a decent amount of tracks at least.

• Like 3

1L3c49d4.png

:platinum: #224 Journey to the Savage Planet

This game was a trip and a half! It looks vibrant and suitably alien, with weird creatures everywhere for you to slap. You don't have to, but why not? Nothing like exploding a grounded bird analogue for some catharsis after a rough day. Your character might need a shower afterwards though. The controls are responsive and handle all the different traversal the game requires without any significant frustration. While the soundtrack wasn't particularly memorable, the audio was serviceable. The humor is off the wall, particularly the commercials that play in your base. Objectives were clearly marked, and the various collectible finders mean you can go mostly guideless without fear of missing things. The DLC is fun, and changes things up just enough to not be stale. The speedrun is trivial, so don't worry on that front. I finished it in under half the allowable time. The only thing I didn't bother with was the old game minus. I enjoyed this game a lot, but I don't feel like running through it 2 more times with limited lives, once at least partly in co-op. If you're either willing to do that, or don't mind getting just the plat and not the 100%, definitely go for this one.

• Like 3