Most Recent Platinum

Muff

25 minutes ago, mr_enigma26 said:

1L89cd1a.png

Heavy Rain

Difficulty: 2/10

Duration: 16 hours

So first time playing these QTE interactive games and for the most part it was a fine experience. I had fun and it felt like I was watching some B rated murder mystery TV show. Though without spoiling anything.....there are some glaring plotholes in the story. Plotholes so large dump trucks could drive through. The characters were okay but some felt way undercooked and certain motivations didn't make sense once you thought about it. Honestly felt a lot of content was cut which would explain certain lack of character development and plot points. 

Difficulty wise this game is easy only 2 trophies may give you some trouble. Kamikaze and I'm not scared. Kamikaze because you have to follow a specific route and I'm not scared as you can't make any mistakes. I got the first one in 2 tries and there are plenty of guides. Second one was annoying only cause you are using the  sixaxes controls and it can be janky.

Overall, easy plat and short. Satisfied I got it done, maybe I might try Until Dawn next.

Jaaaasooooooooon

:platinum: Platinum #570: Penny-Punching Princess (Vita)

1L69a775.png

Spoiler

r/Trophies - [Penny-Punching Princess] #570, 20,000th Trophy. 16th achiever in 4 years it's been out. 10,000,000 Coin Grind that is non-cumulative. Optimal level earns 40k every 10 min.....

20,000th Milestone Trophy. Fitting since it is a huge grind. 10,000,000 coins to grind (non-cumulative)

Difficulty: 2/10  

Enjoyment: 8 (for the run to the story)/10  2/10 (GRIND)

Time: 100+ hours

• Like 4

Le11975.png

1La2b8a7.png

Platinum 279

Fun: 8/10

Difficulty: 3/10

Typically in games where there's a monster going through killing people you're the one trying to survive it, here in Carrion, you play as the monstrous mass of gore and teeth killing everyone. After breaking out of your containment unit, your skills are very minimum. At most you're just able to grab people and eat them. Later on, you'll be able to shoot web, grow armor, shoot out tendrils in several directions, and go invisible. Even after obtaining all of your skills, you can't use them all at once due to them being locked to how massive your creature is. The larger creature has more offensive skills, while when you're small, you have more stealthy skills to stay alive. This game is a metroidvania style game where you do have to revisit earlier areas to obtain collectables after gaining newer skills. The game is not too difficult and checkpoints do appear often. You pretty much just have to get all 9 collectables then beat the game and the platinum is yours. 

• Like 3

Platinum #282

Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

1L22552b.png

The Dream Traveler - 41,80%

This two games were as fun as I remembered them. I just miss an option to play the original of Klonoa 1, because I find the sprite/polygon mix of that version more charming than the fully polygon version of this collection.

Platinum #283

Lake

1L091d77.png

Delivery Status: Complete - 60,46%

Not my cup of tea. More postman simulation, fewer Romance TV film story and I would have liked it more.

Platinum #284

Assassin`s Creedn Rogue Remastered

1Lccfa1c.png

Platinum Trophy - 29,90%

"Assassin`s Creed: This time I`m a templar"-edition. I liked that this game connected so many of the other games (3,4, Freedom Cry, Liberation, Unity) but I hated the ship gameplay in the beginning and (only) tollerated it by the time I finished the game.

• Like 4

Platinum #129 - Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

L25afc0.png

:platinum:Scorched Savior - Unlock all other Syphon Filter trophies.

293,424 Owners - 27,575 Achievers for a percentage of 9.40% (average completion; 24.09%)

1L91f1dc.png

Enjoyment; 6/10

Difficulty; 3/10

Trophies; 5/10 (typical 'do everything in a sandbox'-list, betraying a lack of content)

Vacuum stomps; 10/10

I'm not a big fan of subscription services, and I'm not a big fan of the companies that offer them deciding to double-dip on games. Pllaystation Now and the old Playstation Plus had a long-running issue of games being offered on both at various periods in time, meaning that subscribers to both would receive games they likely already had played previously. One would have thought that this issue would have since been mitigated thanks to the revamped Playstation Plus being introduced - with Now being taken behind the shed to have its corpse repurposed for Plus' Premium tier - but that's hardly the case.

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell was part of the old Now offering, leaving the service when it was terminated and not making the jump to PS Plus. Then, when it came time for Plus Extra + Premium's first monthly update, it was trotted out as a 'new' game for subscribers. Never mind that people previously subbed to Now had access to it for ages. So much for a 'new' addition, then.

Srgbugweaponfinaljpg-dff50e.jpg

But never mind, let's talk about the game. I'm not the biggest fan of Saints Row, but did play The Third upon release way back when as I was looking to scratch a GTA-itch inbetween the releases of GTA IV and GTA V. The first two Saints Row games supposedly had a more serious tone, but The Third was a load of slapstick stuck in a pretty soulless sandbox (and that's judging by standards as they were upon release). I had no interest in engaging with the later titles in the series, although I did go back to The Third's DLC in 2020.

After The Third came out, the series really divested itself from its semi-serious roots of a crime-centred sandbox as all of a sudden you played as the President of the US fighting off aliens in Saints Row IV. And then in 2015, Gat Out of Hell followed - a standalone expansion that sees you play as fan-favourite character Johnny Gat (or less-fan-favourite character Kinzie Kensington) as you descend to the depths of Hell to rescue the player character from the previous games.

'Standalone expansion' usually means 'this could and perhaps should just have been DLC', and I feel that describes Gat Out of Hell quite well. There's a thin veneer on it, a very minimal coat of paint of 'oh, a modern city but it's in Hell' with plenty of lava all around, but it plays exactly the same way as I remember Saints Row IV playing from the hour or so I invested in it on PC years ago. Reuse of powers, reuse of gameplay, reuse of other assets. I'm not too bothered as this simply isn't a triple A game series anyway (to me, it's one of the better examples of a double AA series, if you can call it that), but the original asking price for this particular title was probably a bit too high given how reiterative it is.

2785489-screenshot%202015-01-20%2012.38.46.png

Not only does it heavily borrow from the previous game in the series, but it also has a bit of an issue regarding a lack of content. Reptitive missions dot the landscape, the story is minimal and mostly based on static drawings rather than cutscenes (a telltale sign of budget constraints), and the whole experience is over in a flash even with story missions being locked until a player has completed enough of the repetitive sidecontent. And what is there, is so little, that te Trophy list has not one but two Trophies to the same vehicle type (:bronze: Gnarly Wave and :bronze:Are You Crazy?) 20ish hours I clocked, about on par with the estimate in the Trophy guide, of which three were just idling for a forced co-op Trophy.

Ultimately, not a very inspiring game which seems to be reflected in how low the average rarity across the Trophy list is; seems like player retention past the opening hours was a real issue, but of course, by then developers Volition and publishers Deep Silver already had your money. I suppose it's games like this that help make the concept of a subscription service make sense; not good enough to buy on their own, but when tossed into a game catalogue good enough to at least try out.

• Like 4

L6d1c97.png

Lab67d5.png

1L06861b.png

1L8be277.png

Platinum 280/281

Fun: Reading/10

Difficulty: Dark Souls of VNs/10

(unless you use a guide then it's 1/10)

Long Live the Queen has you playing as Elodie, the new queen of the kingdom due to her mother passing away. Now, I've completed this game on steam and got all the achievements there and I have to say, consoles got cheated out on a lot of trophies but that just reduces the amount of playthroughs needed. Each week you choose what subject Elodie studies which ranges from how a noble is suppose to act, how to dance, military strategy, economics, faith, etc. There's a lot of subjects you can put her skills into which plays into what she is capable of during the story. If you have certain skills to a certain range, you can pass checks when the story happens and gain insight to more on what's going on, how to save someone, avoid something, etc. Now my rating of Dark Souls of VNs comes from the fact if you make certain choices with skills not where they should be, you can and will die. Which will lead you to reloading a save (Save often) and studying other skills you lacked at that time. It is completely possible to get to a point where you have made every skill check so far, then something comes up out of left field that wrecks you and you can't skill check it with the time you have left from your recent save which leads you to having to make other choices or start from an earlier save. Yes I did text skip but again I stress I've completed this game before on PC with more playthroughs needed. 

• Like 2