Most Recent Platinum

Muff

7 hours ago, Teva_Forlan said:

1L832c51.png

Samurai Jack : Battle Through Time

Platinum of the nostalgia.

The game is very faithful to the anime which makes it pretty enjoyable to play with a good gameplay between 3d cinematic and animation cinematic.

I found the very last scene during the secret ending pretty beautiful, I’ve really enjoyed the artistic direction in the entire game.

However, the game isn’t exempt of default.

Sometimes, the camera has a really bad angle during the fights then it’s make it really unreadable and so annoying.

The lock system can be frustrating as well especially when you’re facing several ennemies because you don’t necessary hit the one you were supposed to (+ camera’s issues…).

And the grind to collect items/weapons or unlocking skills can be tedious but in the end that's correct.

Despite of that, it is a nice simple game, not too long just what it needs and fun to play for those who enjoyed the Samurai Jack series like me.

If there is a sequel following next, I'll be in for sure.

270c.png

I completely forgot there was a Samurai Jack game in the works at some point and I don't think I knew it was released.

That platinum image is boss, though.

• Like 1

Platinum #158 - Wytchwood

1L06f6da.png

Play this with my partner. Nice, reasonable length crafting and gathering game. Story was fine, music was great and visual I loved. Got a little annoying around the middle with some of the gathering being fiddly. Do recommend.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kkulifay said:

L0cf211.png
1L79527b.png

Tier 1 (Platinum)

A couple months ago, I earned the plat for MW2 on the PS3. Love the series, so I fired up Modern Warfare (2019 PS4) via backwards compatibility on the PS5. Turned the lights off, wore the  Pulse 3D headphones, and got absorbed. 

If you want to see the profound evolution of gaming, within a decade’s period, play these games side by side. It was one of the most memorable, sensory overload, gaming experiences that I’ve ever experienced. It felt like a simulator. There were some moments that had my adrenaline pumping. The realistic sounds, smooth gameplay at 60 fps, dynamic lighting, voice acting, diverse missions, vast weaponry,  etc made it for one of the most immersive games that I’ve ever encountered. 

There is a particular level called ‘Clean House’ that I would rank in my top 5 levels of any FPS game that I’ve played. It was hauntingly realistic. I remember beating that level and taking a huge breath, saying to myself, “wow”. It’s so intense. It’s like abruptly waking up from a vivid dream and snapping back into reality. That realization that you were completely somewhere else for a minute. 

I passionately enjoyed this campaign, especially on Veteran. The trophies were fun to collect and relatively easy and short. Only took me 3 nights, so it’s relatively short. No complaints though.  Strong, very strong recommendation. Time for some spec ops!

100% agree on Clean House. Great experience with a headset and full focus on the game.

• Like 1