Most Recent Platinum

Muff

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #140 - Unepic

1L2eaa95.png

Difficulty: 6/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

What a great game! Unepic is a game developed in Spain, so I always wanted to give it a try (as a Spanish gamer), but time passed and I forgot about it. After Unmetal was released, I remembered this game, bought it a few days ago for 3 € and gave it a try, and I'm so so happy I did it!

Unepic is a metroidvania in which Daniel, the MC, is playing a table RPG with some friends, goes to the bathroom for a moment and is transported to a medieval castle. He doesn't know how did he get there, what is he supposed to do, and just starts exploring. This game is a parody of fantasy games, but it's really well made. Tons of options to customize your role (you can be a mage, you can be an archer, tons of weapons, skills and spells are available, several pets to help you kill the enemies, some quests given by npcs...). The platinum was fun to achieve for 80% of the path; some areas in Hardmode++ (which you have to beat to get the platinum) are just unfair and feel very unbalanced and there are two trophies for killing 5.000 and 10.000 enemies, when you can finish the game playing normally with a total count of 3.000 enemies killed, so... 2-3 hours farming bats to get the 10.000 kills wasn't fun.

If you like metroidvania style games, please consider playing it, it's well worth the money.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Kefka1986 said:

40-platinum.pngPlatinum #140 - Unepic

1L2eaa95.png

Difficulty: 6/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

What a great game! Unepic is a game developed in Spain, so I always wanted to give it a try (as a Spanish gamer), but time passed and I forgot about it. After Unmetal was released, I remembered this game, bought it a few days ago for 3 € and gave it a try, and I'm so so happy I did it!

Unepic is a metroidvania in which Daniel, the MC, is playing a table RPG with some friends, goes to the bathroom for a moment and is transported to a medieval castle. He doesn't know how did he get there, what is he supposed to do, and just starts exploring. This game is a parody of fantasy games, but it's really well made. Tons of options to customize your role (you can be a mage, you can be an archer, tons of weapons, skills and spells are available, several pets to help you kill the enemies, some quests given by npcs...). The platinum was fun to achieve for 80% of the path; some areas in Hardmode++ (which you have to beat to get the platinum) are just unfair and feel very unbalanced and there are two trophies for killing 5.000 and 10.000 enemies, when you can finish the game playing normally with a total count of 3.000 enemies killed, so... 2-3 hours farming bats to get the 10.000 kills wasn't fun.

If you like metroidvania style games, please consider playing it, it's well worth the money.

The first thing that strikes me is the "average" guy is playing tabletop Dungeons & Dragons style board game.

Since you're Spanish and are from Spain, I highly recommend Blasphemous. It's another Metroidvania with a focus on Dark Souls like combat, but with a Spanish theme to it. Seville, Spain was a big influence for much of the art direction and having played the game myself, you will be in for a treat.

Unepic is now on sale on PSN, so it's basically a must buy for Metroidvania fans like myself.

• Like 2

platinum #639 cosmos bit (ps4)

completed in 2 hours and 9 minutes

platinum rarity 81.91% common

game type: platform-metroidvania

game gets easier as one gets upgrades, a very good metroidvania for the price i payed. going to start thinking about the PS now games. if i manage to get Ar No Surge: ode to an unborn Star (ps3) working on streaming with my connection i'll make the cost of the service back and it'll open more opportunities for some ps3 games to stream most notably the adventure time game.

edit 1: congrats on the ps5. it's a feat imo to get one.

Edited by Lordguwa