Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Awesome game!  I had a lot of fun getting this plat.  The combo challenges are just right in the middle of difficulty.  There are two views on the story mode.  Both views revolve around the same event.  Of course, we get a MK universe view and then a DC universe view.  The story mode and challenges alone make it worth picking up this game.  Also, you get to play as some of the most awesome DC characters.  

Yeah... if you are one of those people who are awesome at fighting games. I have the game, and aside from the fatalities and completing arcade with everyone, I have to do the challenges for all of the fighters, and it pisses me off because I easily lose my patience trying to input the damn commands, only to realize that I might be maybe like 0.5 seconds off (maybe less) for the moves to connect. It's games like that which I want to avoid like the plague.

• Like 1

Awesome game!  I had a lot of fun getting this plat.  The combo challenges are just right in the middle of difficulty.

Cool, congrats. I think I'll go for it as soon as I clean up some other games first. I've already got the MP ones prior to the servers shutdown announcement, because I though it was coming anyway and feared that no one would be playing it online anymore.

Just one thing: do you have any tips for the Kombo Challenges? I've tinkered with them a little and they seemed harder than you make it seem.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 1

Yeah... if you are one of those people who are awesome at fighting games. I have the game, and aside from the fatalities and completing arcade with everyone, I have to do the challenges for all of the fighters, and it pisses me off because I easily lose my patience trying to input the damn commands, only to realize that I might be maybe like 0.5 seconds off (maybe less) for the moves to connect. It's games like that which I want to avoid like the plague.

Cool, congrats. I think I'll go for it as soon as I clean up some other games first. I've already got the MP ones prior to the servers shutdown announcement, because I though it was coming anyway and feared that no one would be playing it online anymore.

Just one thing: do you have any tips for the Kombo Challenges? I've tinkered with them a little and they seemed harder than you make it seem.

@Garcia - Yea, I used to live near an arcade as a kid that was a testing location for SNK and Capcom fighting games.  I got pretty good at them for a nice long stretch.  Besides, once you've done SSF4 and KoF13 combo trials, MKvsDC are a walk in the park.

As far as tips go, check out the vids that Tenchu linked to under the MKvsDC forum section.  They helped with some timing issues I had on a couple of them.  Also, I had an issue with Shang Tsung's 10th trial.  I just threw in an extra slide-kick-launch pro move to make it easier to link the last part.  Just get creative with them.  As long as you get all the attacks to link in the combo, the game doesn't care if you throw in extra moves.  

Good luck!

• Like 1