Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Platinum #240

Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix

1L00cc9e.png
Hail to the Blimp! 
Unlock all the trophies

insanity was ridiculous. Anyone who got all 3 stars on every tournament without using 3 extra controllers to reduce item spam, is godlike, because I don’t know how you would ever do this otherwise. Most I got first try, or at least first try after the first race was retried. The first on the list… hairball? Idk, it was a nightmare. I can’t even be bothered again to describe it.

I like the increased roster over the first game. I like the idea of the crew members and captain or whatever, it gets many more references in there, but I hate how often the AI, even on easy, can use them. It just makes things so tedious, after one or two races I’m tired of playing the game, I didn’t feel that way in the original and I felt like the drifting was somehow worse. 

and the needless grind to buy all items, why… I could’ve gone to sleep so long ago. Graphics and overall are design are a step up, but track wise I missed quite a few from the original. And the ones which returned were downgraded imo. I also disliked the change of how goo worked in races. 

I wouldn’t say it’s bad, it’s just not the direction I would’ve liked to see the games go in. I don’t know that I’ll ever feel the desire to play the 3rd game after this. I got the first two for like $3 each or something insanely cheap on PSN or I probably would’ve started at 3. Unless the plat is easier than this one, no thank you it was super stressful and I died a few times inside doing Insane. (And that challenge in the 6th section for doing blue drift boosts 10 times and winning a race, that made me mad, thankfully when I got back into the game after a break I got it first try but man it was the only challenge that felt ridiculous.

speaking of, the challenges were a nice addition. I didn’t quite appreciate the CTR style boss races though where they spam items constantly. 

• Like 4

Plat #70

Master of Time and Space
1L9ab69d.png  

Farpoint is a fun game in terms of being a VR shooter, but very hard to plat. I liked the mechanics of the game and other play modes, they are reminiscent of arcade shooters I used to play as a kid in Chuck E Cheese. The story was good, but what really separates the casual players from the trophy hunters is the Challenge mode with high score requirements that require you to be very accurate, fast, undamaged, and have perseverance .

Fun of game: 7/10

Plat difficulty: 8.5/10

Edited by zenunlime73
  • Like 2