Most Recent Platinum

Muff

5 hours ago, Golem25 said:

- snip -

It is awesome to see that a game as old as this one can amaze people today! Love this game, since it came out for the PS2 and reading your review was a very well conclusion on why everybody needs to play this. Kudos man! Whenever someone tries it out I just hope that the game and especially the ending blows them away. Unfortunately, The Last Guardian is not on the same level, while Ico is good but never had this huge impact as SotC. Btw. does anyone know what Ueda is up to today? ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, erwint0920 said:

:platinum: #68 Life is Strange Remastered

L6f3796.png

Yes I saved Chloe! it's the only way.

I'm still annoyed this didn't get a physical edition. The original did and it looked good but I want this one in my collection 

8 hours ago, Vrisnem said:

1L75d1bf.png

Nexomon: Extinction

:platinum: The Age of Extinction :platinum:

There is no gamer amongst my friends, online or offline, that has been able to escape me raving about this game. Nexomon: Extinction takes the Pokémon formula and strips it back to what it was in the original Gameboy era, fixes the grievances people have with the Pokémon games, and delivers a storyline that adults can play without spending the entire time cringing through monologues on the power of friendship. On the topic of friendship... 

nexosoup2.jpg

Downside, the trophy list was impacted by the release of the Abyssals DLC - notably :silver: Haven't You Had Enough?! and :gold: Catch every Nexomon! I put my advice for avoiding missing the first trophy here, but the other has become unavoidably more time-consuming. Originally, this trophy required you to catch all 382 Nexomon in the main game. However, the DLC moved the location of #382 Ziegler to the new Precursor Mountain area - and he can now no longer be caught until after you complete the Abyssals storyline. Even once you complete the DLC and you do manage to catch him, you still need to catch all 50 new Nexomon they added to the game before the trophy pops. I caught Ziegler last night at 400/427 (93.68%) Nexopedia completion. Luckily the DLC only took me a single session to complete - but admittedly I think I was playing non-stop from 2pm through to 2am yesterday so that may not be accurate for everyone. 1f605.png

I adored this game. I sank almost 83hrs into it (60hrs of that across September/October alone) and I'm not tired of it yet. I'll definitely return to this for cosmic (shiny) hunting later. For now I want to move onto another game - probably the prequel because I picked it up for £5 in a recent sale. 

How long did it take to find Bolden? 3 days?

13 minutes ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

How long did it take to find Bolden? 3 days?

The legendaries gave me very little hassle. I think I spent approx 30-45 minutes running in circles around Cadium to find Bolzen. It was regular Nexomon I had a huge list to hunt down by the end. 

Edited by Vrisnem

9 minutes ago, SirDave1988 said:

40-platinum.png #141 - FIA European Truck Racing Championship (PS4)

1Lc0e995.png

FIA European Truck Racing Championship
Unlock all trophies

Weird that I have 2 platinums now based on truck racing, yet I've never even seen any of the real life sport, go figure haha, This one was very easy if you have even a modicum of racing knowledge, became a bit of a boring grind towards the end as well.

Difficulty - 3/10

Rating - 5/10

40-platinum.png #142 + #143 - Syphon Filter 2 (PS4 + PS5)

1L866197.png

Fantastic Job, Gabe
Unlock all trophies in Syphon Filter 2

I find it mind-blowing still that we can now earn platinums in original PlayStation titles, even if they are infrequent and incredibly easy like this one, the fact that it's even a thing is kind of mad to me still, and really cool. 

Syphon Filter 2 was my favourite of the original trilogy growing up, and still holds up fairly well to this day, a whole 22 years later. I just hope now that we get the 3rd game in the trilogy re-released with trophies at some point.

Difficulty - 5/10

Rating - 8/10

Congratulations man. Is Syphon Filter 2 really 5/10 difficult? 

6 minutes ago, FeindlicheKrabbe said:

Congratulations man. Is Syphon Filter 2 really 5/10 difficult? 

Thanks pal. Yeah, I gave it a 5, purely because there are some frustrating parts to it, like enemies that can headshot you, flak jackets galore, other enemies that can kill you very easily with explosions and there are some tricky stealth sections also where enemies have amazing perception hardwired to instant alarms/mission failure.

But you can rewind the game and save whenever you want. If you couldn't rewind or save, it might be more like a 6.

Maybe on reflection, it might be more like a 4, maybe 4.5 ?