Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1L41dc16.png

:platinum: Master Blaster :platinum:
You've earned all the F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Trophies!
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

At the start of this year I was determined to make real progress in improving my completion percentage. After having a kid in November, I could no longer go out and spend money on new games whenever I wanted. I knew that this would mean revisiting many games that I had put down for specific reasons. The speed run trophy in Braid. Completing Mega Man 10 without being hit a single time. Finishing all those damn trials in Dante's Inferno. However, no game on my list this side of Wipeout taunted me like F.E.A.R. 2 - a game that I had played long before I was interested in trophy hunting. A game that I had dismissed several times as "not worth it", or "too much work". Now, I find myself with the platinum.

I have been asked how I could spend so much time boosting this game, when I could have earned half a dozen platinums in the same time. And truthfully, I asked myself that question more than once while in the thick of it. I think the answer is that after years of trophy hunting, a hundred platinums, and a profile longer than I ever expected, that trophies had become too much of an instant gratification. It was too easy to earn too many. I was choosing games because I knew I could complete them.

This time, things were different. A lot (a LOT) of time and was required for only a handful of trophies. It was a different kind of challenge - a war of attrition against myself. Something that wouldn't come easy. I stuck with it and learned a lesson. Most things you work for are worth it, even if it's just worth it to you. 

On my profile page, just under the name of the game, in very small text, it says "Completed in 4 years, 10 months". That's a long time to take to finish anything, let alone a game. As I sit now and reflect on this remarkable accomplishment, I struggle to decide if I am crazy for doing it, simply too stubborn to let it go unfinished, or just determined enough to get it done. Maybe all three.

/fin

Congrats and very well done, You have more determination than I do. If I make myself do it I have a couple games that will chime in at 4 years plus.

1L41dc16.png

:platinum: Master Blaster :platinum:
You've earned all the F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin Trophies!
F.E.A.R 2: Project Origin

At the start of this year I was determined to make real progress in improving my completion percentage. After having a kid in November, I could no longer go out and spend money on new games whenever I wanted. I knew that this would mean revisiting many games that I had put down for specific reasons. The speed run trophy in Braid. Completing Mega Man 10 without being hit a single time. Finishing all those damn trials in Dante's Inferno. However, no game on my list this side of Wipeout taunted me like F.E.A.R. 2 - a game that I had played long before I was interested in trophy hunting. A game that I had dismissed several times as "not worth it", or "too much work". Now, I find myself with the platinum.

I have been asked how I could spend so much time boosting this game, when I could have earned half a dozen platinums in the same time. And truthfully, I asked myself that question more than once while in the thick of it. I think the answer is that after years of trophy hunting, a hundred platinums, and a profile longer than I ever expected, that trophies had become too much of an instant gratification. It was too easy to earn too many. I was choosing games because I knew I could complete them.

This time, things were different. A lot (a LOT) of time and was required for only a handful of trophies. It was a different kind of challenge - a war of attrition against myself. Something that wouldn't come easy. I stuck with it and learned a lesson. Most things you work for are worth it, even if it's just worth it to you. 

On my profile page, just under the name of the game, in very small text, it says "Completed in 4 years, 10 months". That's a long time to take to finish anything, let alone a game. As I sit now and reflect on this remarkable accomplishment, I struggle to decide if I am crazy for doing it, simply too stubborn to let it go unfinished, or just determined enough to get it done. Maybe all three.

/fin

Way to go :). That is how I felt after platting Resistance 2. That closing servers timer really pushed me to finish it.