Most Recent Platinum

Muff

6 minutes ago, Valzentia said:

It's "post your most recent platinum" not "post your latest effort-requiring platinum" :P

:platinum: #124 - Bunny Raiders (PS4)

1Ldd1bcd.png

Difficulty: 3ish?/10

Fun: 5/10

An unexpected free-to-play port of a PS5 title that just randomly dropped out of absolutely nowhere, this was amusing for the first 10 or so minutes and then got old really quick. Also for whatever reason the bosses are easier than the normal enemies. Thank god it doesn't cost anything, and thanks to @Lil-Gameboy123 for putting up with my bullshit while playing this thing. ?

Lol. The only bullshit I found with this stack of Bunny Raiders was the random game crash, long loading screens (which I expected), and getting shot to death AFTER all the other enemies in the room we’re dead. Aside from all that, it was fun going through Bunny Raiders again. Now back to Far Cry 3 Classic Edition as my next platinum…??

9 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

L57a434.png

1Lf9d870.png

#88: WWE 2K22

All Trophies Earned (5.63% - Very Rare)

Earn all trophies.

After WWE 2K20 was poorly received, 2K Games took a one year hiatus and skipped the 2020 game, focusing more on WWE 2K22. WWE 2K20 was mostly poorly received because of several glitches happening in-game: thankfully, I never encountered any of them and I actually enjoyed the game a lot, so let's see if WWE 2K22 was as good as the prequel, for me.

For some reason, they decided to change the gameplay, implementing a combo system and setting three buttons to reverse according to the opponent's attack, instead of just one button: even through I didn't feel like a change in the gameplay was needed, I soon appreciated it.

The Showcase Mode was focused on Rey Mysterio's career, and it turned out being a huge disappointment: ever since they introduced such modes back in WWE 2K14, I always liked them, but this year the mode was truly lackluster. I feel like matches were poorly chosen: for example, why in the heck would you pick Rey's match against Kane at Cyber Sunday 2008, seriously, who cares about it? Also, I disliked how the matches always got interrupted by Rey's commentary and footage of the real match: I think it was better like they had always done in the previous games, just having the in-game match going on through cutscenes and having commentary from commentators, rather than the Wrestler.

MyRise Mode, which is a sort of successor of MyCareer Mode, was also a little disappointing. Not a bad mode, I appreciate how they tried to recreate the old Season Modes from SmackDown Vs Raw games, but I found most stories being very short, generic and inconsistent. Not to mention that several shows would be skipped, like, just one match between January and April when technically you should compete every week... Still an ok mode, but if we exclude the shitty Career Mode of WWE 2K15 through 18, I think that this mode is definitely the worst Career/Season Mode I have played, out of the good ones.

In this game they also reintroduced the GM Mode, which was featured in SmackDown vs Raw 2006, 2007 and 2008: pretty much every fan loves this mode and wanted it back since several years, and finally they have it back... But the thing is, I always hated that mode, lol. It's basically a managerial game where you play as the General Manager of a WWE's brand but I always hated managierals, they just make zero sense at all to me. Thankfully, the Trophies related to this mode were easy, so I only "played" it for like an hour before moving on.

About the WWE Universe, it's pretty much the same: it was the spiritual successor of the GM Mode since SmackDown vs Raw 2010, and now that GM Mode is back, they decided to keep both modes. This mode also makes zero sense at all, shittiest mode ever so I couldn't care less. Let's just move on.

In the end, we have, MyFaction, which is the mode where I spent most of my time: here, you collect cards of various rarities to form your team of wrestlers to compete against other teams. Even though this mode is online only, you don't compete against other players, but against AI. There are various challenges to complete and it was funny playing the mode trying to complete them: thankfully, in the 4vs4 matches related to that mode, non legal opponents would rarely interfere with your pinfall attempts, unlike in the older games where they would always ruin your performance. If that was the case here too, the Platinum would surely be much rarer, since you need to win a lot of these 4vs4 matches. Thankfully, with time, more valuable cards got released and getting them got easier, so maybe now you need to play less matches/for less hours compared to how much I did.

Overall, WWE 2K22 is an ok WWE game, nothing more, nothing less, I had a lot more fun with 2K20: MyGM and the new gameplay were not needed at all, WWE Universe not matter what game it sucks, and 2K20's Career was better than 2K22's MyRise, just like the women's Showcase of 2K20 was better than Rey Mysterio's Showcase of 2K22. Only MyFaction was a good alternative of playing online against other players, but that's pretty much it.

Congrats on finally getting the platinum. I honestly don’t blame you for your critique on some of the game modes as compared to the earlier entries. Although the game is certainly better than 2K20, this doesn’t exactly sit at the top of the best WWE games list.

If you ever plan on going for the other trophy stack, everything else would need to be earned again except for MyFaction, where your stuff gets carried over and you can instantly pop the trophies by doing something like winning one more Faction Wars match for instance.

• Like 3