Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Weird West (PS4)

Anticipation

Interest was piqued when I read about it early in the year. However, proceeded to forget about it and it’s initial release completely passed me by - 2/5

Enjoyment

Lots of fun. Gets length and pacing spot on, story is silly in the most delightful and amusing of ways and the gameplay (although really tough in some sections does facilitate the ability to save practically anywhere....eradicating any need to constantly retread old steps) feels satisfying in a way not all twin stick shooters achieve. Although weapon variety is a little on the stingy side, battle mechanics are always engaging and made deep enough to never feel repetitive through the combination of playing different characters and their respective individual upgrade systems and skill trees. I picked this up really reasonably for £16 on the store Xmas sale. Platinum is also relatively simple with the super convenient save system simplifying any potentially tricky trophies. The most you have to replay is a small section of one chapter. Only real downside was it did crash a lot (played on a PS5 so not sure if that contributed). Overall though, Thoroughly worth every penny - 4/5

Retrospect

Pitches the Weird and the West fusion exactly right, and for a game to play over the Xmas period it was very easy to dip in and out of in short bursts. Would recommend to everyone who gets the chance to give it a go - 4/5

• Like 3