Most Recent Platinum

Muff

6 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

never heard of this game. but ur screen shot looked really pretty so I checked the trailer

I'm going to go buy this game now. its currently on sale for $4.99

this is why I like checking into this thread. u see hidden gems that other ppl played that u never heard of. thanks for this :) 

Shady Part of Me is definitely a little gem! The puzzles are not very difficult, but they are all brilliantly designed imo with how you swap back and forth between the 3D world and your shadow counterpart, completing tasks in each realm to help your counterpart advance.

And arguably the best part of the game is the music. It has one of the best soundtracks for a game I’ve heard. Each song has a twin instrumental recorded for each character, so the music has this really neat way of seamlessly switching between softer, ambient tones, and more intense and uplifting beats on the same track as you swap back and forth between characters/realms. The whole soundtrack is really haunting and sad and adds a lot of atmosphere and emotional depth to the story. $4.99 is a steal for this.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:05 PM, Darghel said:

1Lc77402.png

40-platinum.png#163 void tRrLM(); (Void Terrarium)

Difficulty: Infuriating and frustrating

Time to Complete: 33 hours

Recommended: No

Total score: 4/10

Oh boy, I'm gonna get beaten for this aren't I? Cause apparently this game does have a lot of love and praise, and I can see that too. But I can't deny that this game was way, WAY too frustrating for me to enjoy fully, and even with the help of the guide and everything it still didn't help that I was barely making it.

Ok, first things first: Void Terrarium is a roguelite (hey thanks sis for telling me the difference between roguelite and roguelike!) and you're a robot named...Robbie? Well, you technically have no name but the AI calls you Robbie, and let's go with it. Together you find a human girl, the last one, and from there you decide to take care of her by giving her food, cleaning the house, taking care of her diseases and etc. Besides the caretaker aspect of the game, you'll be going in dungeons and from there you'll be going trying your best to get further and further so you can collect the materials request. And since this is a roguelite you'll always start from scratch, without anything except upgrades you took by crafting items and/or skills.

And since this plays like a Mystery Dungeon game, every action you take means also the enemy will make an action, and so on and so forth. You'll have to take care of your energy, your health, and the perks that you unlock. And so far that's pretty easy, but once you'll go to your second or third dungeon, things get out of hand and the frustration begins.

I only have 3 problems with this game, three major issues that didn't make it fun for me, and for whatever reason, I think they should've tweaked or made some improvements.

1. Too. Many. Traps!
    Seriously! In literally every single corner of the dungeon, in every possible way, in every conceivable moment, a trap is there to ruin your time. Most of them are just a pain in the butt and are only there to frustrate you...and occasionally end your run because the game is evil. How evil is it you ask? I have, quite literally, got ambushed by a group of monsters, THE FIRST STEP I put into one dungeon. And somehow I survived but that was literally the first 10 seconds and I was already risking of dying!
    Other times also I had a trap locking me in place, making me unable to hit back, or how I spent an entire minute trying to hit an enemy because the trap confused me and didn't let me hit in the right direction! Or how one trap made me fall asleep...in the middle of MONSTER HOUSE! Or how a lagging trap literally killed me just as I was heading toward the teleported for the next level! AAAARGH!
    The only reason I managed to survive most of the time was because of my 95% damage reduction and the fact that Robbie was literally doing 1000+ damage per hit. I legitimately could not believe what was happening because of these bloody traps! And yes I'm aware that there are MODs like anti-gravity that will basically make you immune...but those are drops which means it's random. And I'd rather use osmosis which at least scales with your attack.
    And the worst thing of all? ENEMIES DON'T TRIGGER THEM! Isn't it fair when enemies walk over traps, but only you can trigger them? GRRRRR!

2. Too. Many. Status effects!
    Just like there are too many traps, there are also far too many status effects...from the enemies! And they can stack too, of course! I lost count of how many status effects I had on me, especially those enemies that are on the other side of the room, spamming "whatever" and putting me in perma-lag.
    Oh yeah, the status effects are some of the worst I had: status effects like Lag or Confusion (called glitch here) are most likely gonna get you killed because they practically allow you to get hit, or make you never hit the target. And of course, there are no counters or protections against these status effects because that would be very fair and make a good challenge!
    Did I mention there's a status effect that LITERALLY drops your item on the floor? Your moonstone you spent hours farming to get? Make sure to get it before you forget or buh-bye moonstone (thankfully it didn't happen to me but I can see it happening to some!). Ah and make sure you don't get hit by the mice because they steal your stuff. Including items like moonstone. Isn't it nice?!

3. Too. Much. RNG!
    Hold on, I know what you're saying: these kinds of games are all about rng, it's all about adapting and making sure you get through the end with what you got. And you're correct, and you even have the ability to customize your character in order to get more benefits and more chances to get better skills right away, such as canceling skills or having 3-4 skills appearing at once. And with some time, you can get a good build that can carry through the dungeon with not many troubles. But let's be honest here: it's still too random to be fully sure you'll make it out alive without issues and unless you grind some blueprints to get some extra starting stats, you'll probably going to struggle very easily and very early on.
    Even with the guide telling me what to do and what perks to bring or cancel, I still have to actually GET the right perks to make it work right and those can appear right away or never (On my last dungeon run, I still hadn't the perk to reduce damage x item, so I could still die if I wasn't careful despite managing to one shot most enemies).
    In many of the early runs, you'll suffer from the RNG like crazy. Many runs were abruptly over because of the previously mentioned points: a trap blocking you or making you lag or confuse, missing every attack, or not being able to attack fast enough and you die. Or some sneaky enemy pulling you in, stunning you because of a trap, alongside a bug enemy that once killed will leave a large poison area that while it also damages the enemies, does the most damage to you (of course it does!).
    Because of the RNG I just never felt I was able to learn much or was being somewhat challenged because I was just lucky to get the right perk at the right time and get through. If I didn't I'd most likely lose, and even with 14-15 cancel points I still had some struggles. Even stats upgrades are random! If you want to increase your starting hp or attack or defense you need to find the blueprint in the dungeon - and pray to God a mouse doesn't steal it - and then bring it home and craft it! Everything is random in this game and it's really hard to make progress when you barely have any control on what you can upgrade.

Case in point, I really tried my best to get something out of it, but I just think this game is far too frustrating to be enjoyable. And there's a difference between hard and frustrating: hard is when a game is demanding your maximum attention and you're forced to play at the best of your best, making you progress slowly but steadily.
But a frustrating game is one that, no matter the attention or time you put in, a single mistake will make you go back in progress and essentially make everything you did so far in vain. You learned nothing, you gained nothing, and you just wasted your time. And I often times felt that way in this game.

If you're curious about this game, and I do mean REALLY curious, I'd recommend it only if you have a lot of patience, and if you don't mind getting beaten very often. Trophy-wise the game isn't too hard at the very least - thankfully! - but it will take you a good chunk of time, especially the level 50 grind. Hey, at least no endless dungeon requirements so that's good for me! And the story is...Uhm...yeah, I don't really know, there isn't much of a story and I think that's fine. It's the least of your problems I'd say.

I really wish I couldn't be so harsh, but the game was harsh on me so I can't really be fair when the game wasn't. And while I admit that I'm kind of a newbie on this kind of game I did ask for my sister, who has played a crapton of Mystery Dungeon games before me, and she did comment on how the game feels very hard, especially when you can't bring items the hub or how "your hunger is also your mana, no wonder it's hard". Also, the actual hunger from the girl being an additional timer, on top of your energy, forces you to be speedy if possible and to get the food whenever you can - possibly without contamination, or else you'll infect the girl!

I will say this, and the only positive thing I can think of this game: it's a good game, I don't think it's a bad one, and definitely not bad. But I do think it's a very frustrating game and it could've used a few tweaks and QoL options (like a bank for items that aren't just food, or some way to get food easy without contamination for instance) to make the experience a bit better. 

If you think you can enjoy this, give it a shot, and don't let my rant stop you. To me, this game is just frustrating but not bad. And that's all I can say.

Somehow you made this game sound incredibly fun while ranting about its negative aspects lmao i want to try it, but if I do I'm locked into getting it to 100% unless I just try it on my side profile first. 

Anyway my latest Plat was Adventure Time: Pirates Of The Enchiridion. 

It was actually kind of fun. I did it because it was in my backlog at a very low completion % when I saw it was available on PS+ for free again. 

Currently working on finishing Cuphead. I need two main game trophies then the DLC. 

• Like 1