Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1 hour ago, Elvick_ said:

Platinum #272

LEGO Lord of the Rings (PS Vita)

1La1fbfb.png

One Ring to build them all.
Obtain all other Trophies.

I like plat icon on this game. I just wish it wasn't a white background. ._. I had a lot of fun with this one. It was actually very polished and I didn't have a lot of glitches. There's just one very specific jump that is really fucking annoying to do on one of the last levels as you jump up with Legolas from a grab point, to a rope then to a small plank and then have to jump up into the elephant's thing to kill the enemies. You end up hitting the top a lot, or falling off since there's not a lot of 'snap' to the platforming. But overall it was fun. Aside from load times... and it suffering from the early compression of LEGO games on Vita. That's a bummer. 

Well, I have to acknowledge the framerate. It's not great in the little hub towns/worlds. And the camera is super slow moving in them (probably helps the low framerate not drop even more). It feels like you turned on a slow motion brick! But, it's not a big deal to me. I like it conceptually. Now I'm really itching to play the PS3 version, because I wonder if this type of thing is how that version was built too. Just better. Very curious. 

The only time I was really frustrated (climbing elephant thing aside), was the way they setup certain things. So you can track the levels and all it's collectables. Yay~ There's even a map!...... but none of it is together. You have to go to the shop to check your collectables on the hubs and levels. And for some reason this menu doesn't allow you to quickly replay or teleport you to the place you want. That's so weird to me. And the map doesn't show any collectable information on it either. It's just so frustrating to have to go into a menu, wait for all the loading, etc. And it's really annoying trying to replay the levels as I ended up forgetting two levels and having to look up where they even were. xP 

Oh wait, that's not the only one. The character randomization in the free play is trash. I love the idea, and again idk if the PS3 version is the same or not, but it gets really annoying to get a bunch of new tools and upgrades as individual characters only for the free play to give you the basic bitch version who can't do anything. Why would I want Gimli that can't smash the required blocks over the one who can? Priorize what works. This wouldn't be that big of a deal, but it does sadly have issues displaying the character change button. It seems like if you stand in a certain spot or space it won't appear. I don't know what the issue is really, but moving to a different spot 99% of the time allowed me to do it. *shrug* 

Music is LotR so amazing of course. The gameplay is actually pretty involved compared to a lot of LEGO games. You can block projectiles. Sadly only one instance of allowing you to counter/send back magic during a 'boss' with Gandalf, if it had that counter throughout the game that'd be nice. There are enemies that require stuns which you can do with circle. Which either stuns or knocks them down for a 1-hit ground stab. Granted you can just hack away or charge move them like any LEGO game, but there's at least something interesting there. 

Random memory unlocked, there's ONE instance of PULLING something that was really stupid I thought the game was glitching one of the Bree collectables, but it had you pull a statue instead of push it. Even though you never do that in the actual game. Makes no sense to me. 

Not the best looking game, but I had a lot of fun with it. Revitalized me after The Hobbit with it's issues. So on to LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens. I just have two more LEGO games left on Vita before my backlog is cleared of them. That and Jurassic World. Haven't seen either movie and have no interest in either lol, but I like a LEGO game even if they frustrate me sometimes.

Lego lotr is broken completely anyway. On Xbox 360 and ps3 there is a game breaking 97 percent glitch. Some items are invisible in the hub world so you can't collect them. They did patch it on 360 but I don't think they did on ps3. So its broken.