Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1S694137.png

#91 - Hyperdimension Neptunia PP

Where do I begin with this one? Well for starters, I had mixed feelings about starting this because: a - it is a Hyperdimension Neptunia game by NIS America and they have never let me down when it comes to the rpg games; and b - this game is an idol-simulation, visual-novel type game, and I was hoping that it shouldn't be too difficult considering the whole game is about becoming a producer to one of the 4 goddesses: Neptune, Noire, Blanc and Vert.

Ok now for the main reason as to my ranting: the game has 4 trophies and it is for obtaining 100% events with each of the girls. Sounds simple enough. But the problem is that there is no way to keep track of what events you have watched, or what events are left that you need to watch. I have been following a guide for the events, but the only guide that has been released thus far is for the Japanese version, thus the english names of the choices that you have to make  are completely different from the NA version, and was just confusing as shit. To make matters worse, the guide dictates that I do a maximum of 8 playthroughs (one for the Good Ending and one for the True Ending with the 4 characters), however as far as I can remember, I did approximately 16 playthroughs in total. 16 ****ING PLAYTHROUGHS!!! 

Sigh... NIS America, I love you. Truly, I do. But please do me a favor: just stick to RPG games.

EDIT: 11th person in the world to get that. Would have saved me one day If I had a damn checklist or something like it.

To be fair, NIS America just published the game ( like the rest of the HDN series)

the game was developed by: Idea Factory, Compile Heart and Tamsoft

Last game I platinumed was #33.

Cabela's Adventure Camp for PS3. That was back in Feb. and since then I have taken a break from trophy hunting but I just started picking it up again. Going to go for Trine 2 or Puppeteer next.

how was it?

I keep getting asked this question by various people :P

I enjoyed it but as I've said before (somewhere at least) I'm a sucker for mystery games. I'm not huge on horror, but like Deadly Premonition, this wasn't scary at all (although the ghost stories are "creepy"). It is by no means perfect (probably not even great) and is not worth the full price.

There are a ton of collectibles but at least they all come with back story information either via text, cutscene or as those above mentioned ghost stories. I've heard and read about people having major issues with the game such as Ronan getting stuck in the geography of the game requiring reloads (or save replacements) since there is no manual save system, but I had none of those. The time to platinum is also short (8-10+ hours would probably be the common range) but the collectibles are the hardest part about it due to no in-game map (and the digital map that comes with pre-orders is full of errors and is missing some collectibles).

Definitely wait for a price drop if you have any plans to get this though.

I keep getting asked this question by various people :P

I enjoyed it but as I've said before (somewhere at least) I'm a sucker for mystery games. I'm not huge on horror, but like Deadly Premonition, this wasn't scary at all (although the ghost stories are "creepy"). It is by no means perfect (probably not even great) and is not worth the full price.

There are a ton of collectibles but at least they all come with back story information either via text, cutscene or as those above mentioned ghost stories. I've heard and read about people having major issues with the game such as Ronan getting stuck in the geography of the game requiring reloads (or save replacements) since there is no manual save system, but I had none of those. The time to platinum is also short (8-10+ hours would probably be the common range) but the collectibles are the hardest part about it due to no in-game map (and the digital map that comes with pre-orders is full of errors and is missing some collectibles).

Definitely wait for a price drop if you have any plans to get this though.

Thanks :) The trailer looked great but I was waiting for someone to actually finish it to give me a heads up

• Like 1

Watch Dogs

Good game until the trophies Disk Space Full & Social Lubricant became a huge pain in the a** to achieve>_<, after constant re-tries on the drinking mini game and roaming for seems like forever searching for the last song I finally achieved this platinum=)

• Like 2