Most Recent Platinum

Muff

1L4b3cdd.png

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

This was a long and arduous platinum but I have finally earned it :D

I know a lot of people are HUGE Kingdom Hearts fans but I have to say that game is kind of average. The gameplay is clunky, the movement is floaty and your partner's AI is non-existent (pro-tip to anyone playing for the first time...don't give Goofy any healing items or he will waste them all in about 30 seconds)

I also found the story to be pretty meh. I mean I wish the game spent more time developing characters as I never understood why we cared so much for Kairi and Riku was an ass from the beginning. I really wish they had shown more of the Princesses getting kidnapped as well as it seemed we spent more time dicking around in random disney worlds as opposed to that all important plot.

One final gripe is why couldn't we keep the disney characters from world to world. There was no point in ever using the other characters because they were never as strong as your main 3 so it felt like a waste. But imagine if you could have created a team of Beast, Jack and Tarzan...that would have been pretty cool.

All that being said the game was still good and I enjoyed playing through it, I just felt that the game needed to do a lot more to be worthy of all the praise it gets.

Congrats  :yay: . I never gave potions or ethers to Donald and Goofy. Although I set their item usage to 'emergency only' they still waste it. Both Sora and Riku have a crush on Kairi, and they've been rivals forever, so that's why he's a jerk towards Sora. I believe the game's explanation for not being able to take other members with you is: you can't meddle with affairs from other worlds.

• Like 2

:platinum: #14

Lfb55e7.png

1La4d90e.png

Fujoshi
Got all the trophies. Well done!

You're a beautiful person with your whole life ahead of you

The most interesting thing about this game was the historical background of the end of the shogunate and the beginning of the Meiji era

Edited by Patecca
  • Like 4

Congrats  :yay: . I never gave potions or ethers to Donald and Goofy. Although I set their item usage to 'emergency only' they still waste it. Both Sora and Riku have a crush on Kairi, and they've been rivals forever, so that's why he's a jerk towards Sora. I believe the game's explanation for not being able to take other members with you is: you can't meddle with affairs from other worlds.

I remember playing the game, and I don't recall Riku having a crush on Kairi. I usually thought he was just a dick to begin with, and went to the dark side because he didn't get to be the chosen hero like Sora was. However he was able to get a girl's skirt lol.

The only time I gave them stuff was at the final boss because I had like 20 mega elixirs and about 50 elixirs. I figured what the hell, they might as well use them :P

No I get they both had crushes on Kairi, I just wish they had gone into a little more backstory so I, as the player, actually care about her and want to see her rescued. It was basically "here are 3 random people...they are building a raft to sail away....CARE ABOUT THEM" ^_^

• Like 1

1L4b3cdd.png

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

This was a long and arduous platinum but I have finally earned it :D

I know a lot of people are HUGE Kingdom Hearts fans but I have to say that game is kind of average. The gameplay is clunky, the movement is floaty and your partner's AI is non-existent (pro-tip to anyone playing for the first time...don't give Goofy any healing items or he will waste them all in about 30 seconds)

I also found the story to be pretty meh. I mean I wish the game spent more time developing characters as I never understood why we cared so much for Kairi and Riku was an ass from the beginning. I really wish they had shown more of the Princesses getting kidnapped as well as it seemed we spent more time dicking around in random disney worlds as opposed to that all important plot.

One final gripe is why couldn't we keep the disney characters from world to world. There was no point in ever using the other characters because they were never as strong as your main 3 so it felt like a waste. But imagine if you could have created a team of Beast, Jack and Tarzan...that would have been pretty cool.

All that being said the game was still good and I enjoyed playing through it, I just felt that the game needed to do a lot more to be worthy of all the praise it gets.

Ahh yes. Kingdom Hearts. Such a wonderful game. I do agree with your points, although, KH2 does explain the story further. They're meant to be re-releasing it soon in December with KH3 coming out next year I believe? I'm still far from earning the Platinum for this but one day I will, :P Congratulations :D

Ahh yes. Kingdom Hearts. Such a wonderful game. I do agree with your points, although, KH2 does explain the story further. They're meant to be re-releasing it soon in December with KH3 coming out next year I believe? I'm still far from earning the Platinum for this but one day I will, :P Congratulations :D

Yeah I will play the second one (as well as the other one on the collection) hopefully it goes into more details :).

Also good luck on the platinum :highfive:

Yeah I will play the second one (as well as the other one on the collection) hopefully it goes into more details :).

Also good luck on the platinum :highfive:

You're welcome, the platinum isn't currently one I'm 100% focused on. It's been years since I playing KH & KH2 on my PS2 when I was 9 xD My current playthrough is on Beginner. I do dislike the fact that you can't earn all three difficulty trophies on the hardest playthrough but at least it adds a challenge :)

• Like 1

The only time I gave them stuff was at the final boss because I had like 20 mega elixirs and about 50 elixirs. I figured what the hell, they might as well use them :P

No I get they both had crushes on Kairi, I just wish they had gone into a little more backstory so I, as the player, actually care about her and want to see her rescued. It was basically "here are 3 random people...they are building a raft to sail away....CARE ABOUT THEM" ^_^

I'm really glad you liked it, Kingdom Hearts is special to me just like Final Fantasy X, I really love then, but I can relate to everything you said trough. It would be great, build our own party of Disney characters

And just like Kairi told Sora, "I just can't wait, once in sat sail, it will be great." And a wonderful journey indeed it is :)