Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum: #58 Velocity Ultra

1L722429.png

Really fun game that’s pretty fair beside the last 5 missions and the godslaying mini-game known as Minesweeper.

Difficulty: 8/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

:platinum: #59 FINAL FANTASY XIII: LIGHTNING RETURNS

1Lafe960.png

First I have to say I enjoyed this game a lot more than I thought I would, it’s a good game with some good ideas.

Now with that out of the way I have to say LRFF13 is the worst of the FF13 trilogy.

It’s nowhere near the level of FF13-2(which has one flaw)  and it just barely lost to FF13(which has quite a few flaws but still better than LR).

There are more than enough good RPG ideas in this game, but all of them are either used poorly or used stupidly.

The three that stand out the most are the upgrade system, the difficulty system, and the item system.

I’m not sure why the upgrade system is locked behind the final boss, but it’s one of the worst things I've seen in a RPG in a long time, and I hope no other game ever does this.

The difficulty system is near worthless, the only reason you would play normal mode over easy mode is if you want to want to buy more phoenix down and hear a beeping noise every few seconds. There is no reason to play hard since the hard mode garbs are worthless.

The item system is just used really poorly, the only items you really need is phoenix downs and ethers.

Those two items are the only ones you need to beat every boss in the game easily, since phoenix down revive you with 50% of your HP and ethers let you spam EP moves.

I could talk about other things that make LR the worst of the trilogy like how much worse the Schema system is then the Paradigm system, but I've ranted enough about LR.

I did enjoy playing it, but there are just too many flaws in this game.

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 7/10

:platinum: #60 Dragon Age II

1L44365a.png

Dragon Age 2 is a much better game than most people would have you think. In fact I thought it was a bad game for a long time.

However, after coming back to it in order plat it before Dragon Age: Inquisition I would say DA2 is just as good as Dragon Age: Origins if not ever so slightly better.

Now I know most people who have played both would wonder why I would think that and it’s because both games are pretty much equal in most things.

The story are equal besides DA2 character assassinating last mission, the companion and their stories are equal, and the NPC stories are equal.

DA:O has better is character customization and level design, but DA2 has a better paced story, better combat, a better main character and is better at world building.

Anyway I really enjoyed playing DA2 and now I can’t wait to play DA: I just to see if Bioware will F it up or make one of the best RPG ever.

(It will most likely fall somewhere in the middle)

Difficulty: 5/10

Enjoyment: 9/10

So you got all of these in the same day? Because you're suppose to list your single recent platinum, unless you got all on the same day, but then again that's still technically wrong, as it's not like you can get 3 platinums at the same exact "time"... It's (getting multiple plats in same day) an exception here though so it doesn't matter xD.

Edited by BlueDiamond93

if Bioware will F it up 

That's EA's fault. They wanted to release games as fast as possible and more action-oriented so that the majority of the gamers (who apparently like that) would buy it. EA did the same with Mass Effect 3 and Dead Space 3.

Also I would like to thank both MrCostari and also my platinum partner in crime Dragon-Archon for creating one of the best trophy guides I have ever used. It was really straight forward to follow and helped explain some of the more complicated challenges of this game :)

Thnx buddy :D.

• Like 1

Platinum #33: Shadow of the Colossus

1S9ad2df.png

Wander and the Colossus

This is my 4th Ultra Rare platinum, and I'm pretty proud of it. I originally played this game on the PS2. Much more challenging on the PS3. Overall, I think it has great atmosphere, and the story makes you think. Those time attacks, though . . . *shudder* Nothing can bring the rage like this one and Ico. Enjoyable game, if you have the patience for it.

• Like 3