Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Alien: Isolation is my most recent plat.

When I played on hardcore, I backed up my save with an usb drive evrey once in a while. I died like 2 or 3 times and then I just reloaded that save :P

Drill sergeant is not difficult at all if you use a disc firing (not sure about that word :P ) weapon.

My issue with Drill Sergeant was that it wouldn't unlock even if I did it perfectly without any damage. It took me like 15 perfect tries total for it to finally pop. For some reason that trophy was glitchy on me, probably because I have the PSN version, not Disc.

My issue with Drill Sergeant was that it wouldn't unlock even if I did it perfectly without any damage. It took me like 15 perfect tries total for it to finally pop. For some reason that trophy was glitchy on me, probably because I have the PSN version, not Disc.

I had the digital version too and got the trophy after doing it three times.

it also glitched on the Disc version too, i somehow managed to find the limited edition used and so cheap, the Drill Sergeant glitched on me once or twice before it's finally popped up before taking the elevator.

#140th Platinum  :platinum:

tumblr_mfdn08t6321rnuh3ro1_500.gif

1L8bcadd.png

Brave New World 

In my honest opinion this was the hardest platinum of the three Dead Space platinum have gotten so far. The main reason was not due to the gameplay itself, that was manageable enough. The big issue was Drill Sergeant and Hardcore's ridiculous restart to the very begining  at dying requirement. Pure Survival and Classic was allright, with different type of challenges but manageable. But Hardcore was ridiculous and simply just is not fair, unlike Dead Space 2's hardcore which is a different type of challenge and is actually welcomed. Drill Sergeant kept glitching on me a few times on my first playthrough that I just put it on hold until later. It wasn't until after Classic that I tried again and got it on the 5th try, even when my previous tries were perfect. Don't know why, it just won't pop until it did for some reason. Co-op trophies was not so hard with the only issue being Medic, which thankfully popped during my Hardcore run. If you want to play Dead Space 3 just for the sake of playing, go ahead Casual isn't too hard with the exception of one or two places. But if you want Platinum, you better find a dedicated partner, I've had quite a few drop out after getting their certain trophies. One even had the nerve of stealing Peng and wouldn't restart checkpoint for me. 

Alien: Isolation is my most recent plat.

When I played on hardcore, I backed up my save with an usb drive evrey once in a while. I died like 2 or 3 times and then I just reloaded that save :P

Drill sergeant is not difficult at all if you use a disc firing (not sure about that word :P ) weapon.

The bold part for sure^. If anything, DS3 is the easiest of the three to me. Difficulty is subjective though and you're definitely entitled to your opinion.

Why didn't you use the devil horns for hc and drill sergeant? I figured that I deserved to be able to cheese hc after having to do three other playthroughs.

I don't remember having any problems with drill sergeant. I waiting until I could craft something special for it. The devil horns would have made it too easy.

Just wanted to clarify that I did not use the usb stick method as I did not know about it until you guys mentioned it. Also, I did not use the Devil Horns during my Hardcore Run, but my Coop partner did. The point of the DS3 being hardest was due to trophy difficulties, not the game itself. If anything Dead Space 2 was the hardest gameplay-wise.