:platinum: #10

Prototype 2

1L7ddf96.png

Platinum Trophy 

Unlock all Trophies

Enjoyment: 6.5/10

Difficulty: 3/10

Rarity: 30.10% / Uncommon

I really wanted to enjoy this game. The game was just too repetitive, forced to do mundane tasks over and over again. The story was pretty nonsensical for me, I didn't relate to any of the characters. Character's deaths

meant nothing as I felt no connection to them. Heller (The main character) was so unlikeable and sometimes I find myself muting the sound because of his annoying personalty.

Heller swears so much to the borderline of ridiculousness, my hate for this character is indescribable. 

Thought the main the star of the game is the Gameplay. Traversing around the city and wrecking havoc brought endless amounts of fun. The powers feel powerful and brings brutal mayhem.

There are lots of side contents but there are brought down by immense amounts of repetition. Prototype 2 felt like a rushed project, it could have been so much better. The framework of a great game is there but the

execution left much to be desired. The trophies are easy, you will get through most of it just by playing. It does require a second playthrough though.

• Like 4

:platinum: #91 - PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

1Lbc1947.png

This game was horrible. I don't think I've enjoyed myself so little getting a platinum since LEGO Marvel which was in June. Everything about this game was dragged out to obscene measures. especially as none of it is interesting in the first place. The online is completely unbalanced, the bosses were full of trial and error (which is bad, because a death means doing the whole boss fight again and they usually have about 5 phases and each phase takes ages).

Oh thank god this is over. If this gets DLC I will be so unhappy.

• Like 4

No, No Fairy Tale Fights...you just won the Worst Platinum of the Year award...you don't have to give up that trophy for another 11 months...oh, I'm sorry I didn't see you all there :wave: ...well I guess I kind of gave away my feelings about my latest platinum. So without further ado

1L21a701.png

#157-Final Fantasy X

:| This game puts me in a tough situation. I know this game has a lot of fans. Some of those fans are people I like on this site...they have used words like Masterpiece to describe this game...WELL I GUESS IT IS A MASTER PIECE OF SH... :spank: no bad Mayus, you aren't going to let this review get you banned from the site sigh.gif

Where to start :( Well I guess let us start with the characters

ibgLW7zaFgpHQa.gif

NO FUCK THIS ANNOYING WHINY USELESS CHOICE OF A MAIN CHARACTER MOVE ON TO SOMEONE ELSE :shakefist:

xf6pgm.jpg

I don't get it. How is she any better than Tidus? I mean she isn't as annoying as him, sure, but DAMN is she boring. She delivers all of her lines like the voice actor just woke up after a heroin binge. She is supposed to be the second main character but she has 0 personality. You just want this walking doormat of a character to do ANYTHING interesting but nope, she just spends half the game in semi-coma and the other half kidnapped.

OK back to Tidus

295860_1252268924772_full.jpg

I actually never played this game longer than that damn laughing scene. I was pretty done with it at that point but that just sealed it for me. I shut off my PS2 and never went back to it. That being said Tidus doesn't get better as a character, he only gets worse.

I think my problem with him is he is that kid you knew in High School or at Work that you just wanted to slap because he never shut the hell up. I get it, Tidus isn't from this time period so things may seem new and exciting, but he doesn't ever act in Awe of anything but instead whines or complains or thinks he knows better. He is comic relief (albeit not a funny one) when he should be the main character.

Think about, how much better the game would have been if instead of just crying and acting like an ass, Tidus instead took time to listen to what was happening, tried to understand the situation and then worked with the group to come to a conclusion on how to solve it? He could have been avatar for "us" exploring a new and exciting world and then realizing how messed up everything was and working with his new friends to solve it. Tidus never learned anything, he never grew as a character, he just whined and bitched and got everything he wanted. When he didn't get what he wanted...guess what...he whined and bitched until he did.

Definitely-FFX-Cosplay.png

The rest of the characters.

Who really cares about the rest of the characters. None of them are given any real depth and they were simply just "there". I mean you get pretty much the whole party at once so when are you ever supposed to care about any of them? It sounds like Lulu had a pretty interesting back story with her original summoner...barely touched upon. How about Kimhari and his back story (missing his horn or meeting with Auron) mentioned once or twice. Wakka and his dead brother (I think he had a sword...or something). See you quickly touch these interesting moments and then hurry out of them as fast as you can to get on with the important Tidus and Yuna relationship. Nothing had an impact on me. We were rushing from scene to scene so fast I could barely keep track of why we were in a Ice world or Desert World or Forest World (is this Final Fantasy or Super Mario Bros).

Auron was a great character and I liked the Jecht Spheres where we got to learn more about him, but once again he was just pushed to the side so we could get more Tidus.

More time should have spent on creating interesting characters and developing the world and less time on Blitzball.

24x2ae8.jpg

Go play Sega Soccer Slam for the Gamecube and tell me that wouldn't have been WAY better than Blitzball. Instead of a stupid turn based, stat-RPG mini game, it could have been a fast paced, 3d enviromental power based soccer simulator. That would have been awesome. Imagine using Thunderaga on a Blitzball and sending it down the pitch knocking everyone out of your way only to have the goalie call upon Shiva to block the shot :o. NOPE instead we get a slow paced game that despite me having a breakaway the defenders warp from behind to get in front of me to block a pass to the player standing right next to me...WTF :shakefist: Pro-tip, get the Jecht Shot and then use it to score every time. I recruited the best players and never had to worry about getting anything less than 6-0 wins. The only hard part was playing through all the stupid matches for the trophies.

grease-lightning.gif

Dodge 200 trophies to get Lightning Dancer trophy...fuck you. No seriously, fuck you.

256px-Cracingbox.jpg

Get 0.00 seconds...please refer to my previous statement.

16i5o3t.jpg

Refer to my last two statements :|...ok I will go into depth about this one.

In most JRPGs you level up and your stats get better. Nice and easy but not very complex. In WRPGs you level up and you get skill points and you can decide how to spend those points to make your character better in certain areas. In Final Fantasys like Tactics and V you can level up certain jobs and then combine those attributes with other jobs to make the kind of character you wanted.

In Final Fantasy you get the Sphere Grid and I think Cedric Daniels can sum it up for me

You get 1 Sphere movement per level and you can use that to progress to the next sphere. That sphere might be Magic, or defence or luck or whatever and if you happen to have the correct sphere then you can level it up 1-4 points. The thing is to get anywhere in the game you have to keep grinding out enemies to get Sphere Points, then grind out enemies to get Spheres, then grind out different enemies to get keys and then mini-bosses to get Sphere Nodes and then you got to backtrack to fill in the nodes you didn't have originally and then clear other nodes so you can put better spheres there and :blah: This means that levelling up is needlessly complicated and since you can only move 1 sphere at a time there is no reason it couldn't just increase 1 stat automatically. Even if you wait to collect a bunch of Sphere Points at once (like I did) then it is just tedious as you have to slowly move around the Sphere slowly filling in one sphere at a time. It is just boring, and adds nothing to the game.

On top of that weapons aren't actually stronger, you instead have to customize weapons with items to give them better percentages or attributes and I honestly never bothered with it (until the end when I was levelling up). It was honestly too much bother for me to learn how to customize well that I just used whatever the original attributes were and beat the game that way. Thanks to Aeon Overdrives and Yojimbo (zanmato) you never really needed to power up. Magus Sisters and Anima could wreck any boss and whatever they couldn't handle Zanmato could usually work. Sure that may sound cheap to do, but the alternative was spending hours upon hours mastering the Sphere Grid and honestly I just couldn't bring myself to care enough.

Well that is a lot. I know I rambled on and on...but this game was just a massive let down. Final Fantasy used to be SO good but I don't know what happened. I haven't really liked a FF game since Tactics and I am having a hard time still calling myself a fan. Now as I mentioned at the beginning I know a lot of people are fans of the game and can probably debate me on a lot of these points, but honestly I just didn't have fun playing this game.

Thank you for reading and thank you to FinalEmblem, Wdjat, Dragon, JeieeM, for keeping me entertained as I went for this plat by responding to my constant rants :). Finally a HUGE thank you to DemonShadowX and Precision-Playy for their awesome guide. I wish I had played this game before the New Year as I would have voted for your guide in the Year End Awards.

Im glad you got the platinum mate, i really wish i also knew the struggle you went if the game, i would gladly join Wdjat, my buddy Dragon and JeieeM to help you see the game differently, i wont say much, because i really can't, since you know why, right? but im glad nonetheless, in other news, Lone survivor platinum is also mine, i know this game you also like it.

• Like 3

Thank you for reading and thank you to FinalEmblem, Wdjat, Dragon, JeieeM, for keeping me entertained as I went for this plat by responding to my constant rants :). Finally a HUGE thank you to DemonShadowX and Precision-Playy for their awesome guide. I wish I had played this game before the New Year as I would have voted for your guide in the Year End Awards.

This is one of the best opinions I've ever seen. It must've taken a lot of time to put it together. I also hated the blitzball part and never managed to beat the chocobo race with a time of 0:00:00. I was expecting to read something about the butterfly minigame. Also after seeing that laughing cutscene after Luca, the Ratchet & Clank games have never been the same (Tidus and Ratchet have the same VA). And thnx for mentioning me :D. Looks like you've found the worst plat for te 2015 awards. Btw if you took the expert sphere grid you wouldn't have to get rid of the lock spheres.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 4